9 ways to make use of Banana Peels in the Garden: Nature Bring
Written by: Sneha Date:05.07.2017
All of us throw the peel after saying all the banana peels, but do you know how useful is the banana peel for the garden? Do you know that potassium, phosphorus, and calcium are found in very large amounts in the banana peel? Banana is used in almost every house and we put banana peels in the dustbin. If you add it to your garden then it is a type of free fertilizer. It is a nutrient that is a boon for almost every plant. In this post, Nature Bring tells you how to use banana peels in the garden.
Full of Nutrients:
Banana peels are rich in nutrients; it is necessary for any healthy plant. Its peel contains nutrients such as potassium nitrogen, phosphorus, and magnesium, which together with the soil add a slow release fertilizer.
Here are 9 ways to make use of banana peels in the garden tells Nature Bring:
1.Banana Peels Tea:
Just as the composted tea is used to make the plant rich in mineral, the making pills, in the same way, are also used to increase the nutrients. To make tea with banana peels, leave it in a jar full of water for 48 hours. After about 2 days remove this peel and throw it away, and give as usual water to the plants with the help of cans.
2. Natural Pest control:
Banana Peels acts like a natural pest control; it is quite beneficial in the control of aphids. If you only throw the banana peel in your garden around, it is enough to stop aphids. And if you want to use it systematically, then you should use tea made of banana peel. For this, spray the tea made with 5 parts water and 1 part banana peel in a spray bottle.
3. Dry fertilizer:
You can use Banana Peels as a dry fertilizer. If you have a lot of banana peels and want to use it effectively in your garden, then it is a good choice in opposing chemicals. Dry the collected banana peel in the sun, Then you grind these peels with the help of the grinder. You can add this powder directly to the soil or sprinkle it. Some people use the powder made from banana peel in the planting hole at the time of seeding. It helps with germination and avoids burning the roots like a chemical. Find it more.
4. As a compost:
The use of banana peels, as the compost, is the easiest and most profitable. For this, all you have to do is put the collected peels in the heap of manure. It has a lot of sources of nitrogen, phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium; these nutrients make your compost powers.
If you have Vermicompost in your compost and you put the peels in your compost, eat worms peels and divide them into small pieces and present them as worm castings.
5. Add the banana peels directly to the ground:
Chop the banana peel and add it directly to the soil of your garden, since there are so many nutrients present in it. Do the small pieces of banana peels and bury them 4 inches in the soil. When the banana peel is melted after some time and gets mixed in the soil, As a result, all its nutrients are also found in the soil. When you plant vegetables in this garden, their roots get valuable vitamins and minerals, which causes plant health.
6. Polish Your Houseplants: You can use banana peels to polish your houseplants. Clean the dust or debris from the soft fleshy part of the banana peel to the houseplant, so that your plant looks healthy and beautiful. It is useful for indoor plants, such as croton, ficus, calanthes, palms etc.
7. Banana Peel on a backboard:
Use banana peels to grow plants such as Staghorn, Elkhorn, Orchid. For this, you can support the entire banana peel between the stem of the plant or by the backboard. The banana peel will gradually decay and when it rains or water the plant it will release nutrients.
8. Banana Vinegar: You can also use banana vinegar to keep the plant healthy. This is beneficial for blueberry plants. Boil banana peels to make vinegar. Remove the peels after about 1 week. Leave the water to be stable. Cover this mixture for 4 to 6 weeks, it depends on the temperature. After some time the sharp aroma shows that the vinegar is ready. If vinegar looks more powerful then get water into it, otherwise, it will burn the tree.
9. Simple insect trap: You can make a simple insect trap with banana peels and Apple Vinegar. If there is a problem with bees in your garden and you are trying to use a chemical pesticide, then you should use this organic trap. Divide it into small pieces of banana peels and mix it with vinegar. Make a large hole in plastic containers. Insert the mixture into this container. Keep this container out in your garden.
for the Pin: