How to grow Lucky Bamboo (easy tips): Nature Bring
Written by: Chitradeep Ashok Date: 20.04-2017
About Lucky Bamboo:
Lucky Bamboo is a very low caring houseplant. Which flourishes well in low light. It’s not really bamboo. This is Dracaena Sanderiana plant, which is type of tropical water lily. Lucky bamboo hard stalks can survive well in water or soil. People believe that in the place it grows it brings good fortune and good luck. It is also believed that happiness and prosperity increase as it grows and is important part of Feng shui. Lucky bamboo plants come from China and Taiwan the most. Professional producers give different shapes from its stalks through twist and spiral, which is valued by the ratio of the design and number of stalks. It has originated in West Africa.
Lucky Bamboo thrives 8-11 hardiness zone. The lucky bamboo survive very well inside the house, people keep it in their drawing room as a houseplant. If it is kept under proper supervision then it can go up to 5 feet height.
Scientific name Dracaena braunii
Common name Lucky bamboo
plant type Houseplant
Sun require Indirect Sunlight
Media (soil/ water) Sandy/ Loamy/ Potting Mix / hydroponic
Soil pH 6.4-7.5
Caring Lucky Bamboo:
- Lucky bamboo needs very little supervision. How can you make your lucky bamboo beautiful, strong and healthy? Here are some simple ways to give nature bring.
- Lucky bamboos usually develop hydroponic, but it can also be well developed in soil. When this plant is growing in water, insert small stones or marble pieces into the container, it provides stability to the stalk.
- Use the filtered or pure water of rain for Lucky Bamboo, it helps keep the plant healthy. Every week you give your Bamboo Plant two to three times water. Do not reduce the water label and keep the plant roots in water. Must change the water in 10 days. If you keep your bamboo plant in the vase, keep this water low because its roots grow with water contact.
Indirect sunlight is best for a lucky bamboo plant, do not keep it straight on the sunny window. These plants prefer low light. If the green color of bamboo leaves is affected, it means the plant is not getting enough sunlight. This affects the development of the plant and stops releasing new leaves. To avoid this problem, move the plant to more indirect light.
Lucky bamboo plants can grow in water as well as in the soil. For this, rich potting mix (sandy, loamy), which requires well drained soil. Keep the soil moist, but do not overdo it. As you give water to other species of dracaena, give it water.
Lucky Bamboo can damage the temperature of 65 to 90 degrees F. For this, if the temperature is 55 degrees F then better results. This plant should never be placed in front of the air conditioner. It should also be protected from direct sunlight and heat. Do not keep this plant in front of any heat source such as heater, blower or lamp.
Lucky bamboo can grow pebbles in ordinary bouquets and at least 1 inch water. Although it is very sensitive to chlorine and other chemicals found in tap water. Use pure water to apply it.
Lucky Bamboo Plant does not require any type of feeders. Just need it pure water. If you want to use any fertilizer for this plant, use such fertilizer, which is special for it.
Growing Lucky Bamboo in soil:
- You can also put your lucky bamboo in the pot. Put the Lucky Bamboo plant in such a way that its roots remain 1 or 2 inches below the surface in the soil. Choose the soil that easily drains. Damp soil and without being overlay moist are allowed.
- Add water soluble fertilizer in the soil every 2 to 4 weeks. Read the instructions in the packet for best results.
- Take the plant to a place where indirect sunlight arrives. Direct sunlight will burn the leaves of the plant leaves . Very little light will obstruct growth in the plant.
Problems with Lucky Bamboo:
Lucky bamboo also has many problems. While taking care of it, you have to take care of the use of algae and wrong water. Lots of light, very little light, more nutrients and the use of wrong water, yellowing of leaves, browning of lucky bamboos may have to face such problems.
Measures to Avoid Problems:
- If you have such problems in your lucky bamboo then you can get rid of the following solution.
- You change your vase. If you do not have the second vase then you should take out lucky bamboo and wash it well with the help of hot water and soap. Then add Lucky Bamboo to the vase.
- Change water often, always use distilled or filtered water.
- If lucky bamboo is coming directly in front of the sunlight, make changes in its place, where indirect sunlight comes up. If your plant’s color has started to fade or is not developing, move it to the second place immediately.
Trimming and shaping :
You can make this houseplant like bonsai. Which includes planting and trimming. Instead, plants stalk begins to rotate in front of the light. These plants naturally move towards light. In China, many experiments are made to cause a specific spiral.