Building Raised Garden Bed easy tips | Nature Bring
Written by: Sarita Parashar Date: 11/10/2017
About Raised Garden Bed
It is very surprising to see raised beds in the gardens, how do these beds produce so much. These raised beds have even produced, they also seem to be systematic in view. There are lots of advantages of raising Bed, you can grow for a long time on this bed. Raised beds are like a big box container. The nutrient is generally ended after one or two cultivation. And you have to reconstruct the soil. If you add organic compost, then it gets even better. Organic compost is good if you add in the spring.
If you prepare your raised bed soil properly, then it is not necessary to change it for few years. Observe that the soil used in raised bed should not be sick. Nature Bring is telling you how you will build a garden raised bed easy tips. The construction and maintenance of the raised bed garden soil are quite easy.
Raised beds, plants
Append any kind of plant can grow in raised beds. If you wish, you can grow vegetables, fruits, herbal plants, small plants and shrubs, perennial flowers etc.
Advantage and disadvantage of raised beds
- Since the soil surface of the raised beds is above the ground surface, so their drainage level is much better.
But in the summer it is a disadvantage because the raised beds are quickly dried and they require more water.
- Because its drainage system is better, so the soil becomes hot in the spring season.
- The soil is filled with organic bio-quality in the soil, so the plant’s root develops the health and improves the product.
- Compared to the container, the raised beds are very high soil volume, so water management, staking, pruning and paste and disease are easy to maintain.
- Match the soil and plant in raised beds; the plant likes acidic, sandy or loamy soil.
Building Raised beds
Raised beds in the gardens can be prepared in any season, but it is more convenient to make it in the winter because the soil is very wet and frozen. Here waterlogging is a problem.
Improve your raised bed soil
The soil to make a raised bed is the most important aspect. Because the soil will remain good, the production will make a difference. And add organic compost to the soil well. Many people add compost in the spring, but you add the manure in the fall also. Composting in a raised garden bed is a good way to finish gardening because manure builds a layer on the bed. Extend a few inches of manure on the bed, and then cover it with mulch. Mulch protects the soil in the winter and keeps the nutrients on the bed. By adding compost the soil becomes light so that the root growth in the soil is rapid. And it stimulates the biological activity by mixing it in the air.
- Soil improvement is made for the formation of the raised garden bed, soil improvement is used for it. It depends on you, how you want to improve, you want to increase the nutrient content of the soil or to change the soil’s physical structure. It may be too much sand in your soil, if it happens, the water will drainage soon. Use carbonic manure to balance it.
- You can overcome this problem by adding soil improvement with a raised bed. If the soil is poor, then adding fertilizer can make it rich. If your soil maintains too much moisture, then you can remove it by mixing the sand with it and solve the drainage systems. You can improve the condition of the soil by using organic materials such as worm casting, choir, manure, Greenland, grass, cornmeal, alfalfa food, Kelp food, etc.
Another option is to get you a supplier topsoil. You can get information about topsoil products for your vegetables. This topsoil separates for gardens and lawns.
How to make a raised garden bed
- Apply stakes of wood-based Garden Raised the bed to support Corners. Put a big stake in tall beds. Put it in such a way that it appears in the corner, otherwise, it will look crappy.
- Keeping the stakes, keep in mind that all four sides should be fitted at the same height, otherwise you will be unbalanced at the level of the bead.
- Place the boards below 2 inches above the ground surface.
- Use galvanized nails to fit board and stakes.
- Then add boards and steaks to create additional rows.
Keep in mind when creating raised beds
- First of all, you decide how big bed you want to build. Do not make the bed taller, 1.5-meter wide bead is enough.
- Keep the width of the footway 1 feet so that you do not have difficulty in coming and going the wheelbarrow.
- The material of the raised beds:
- To choose such material to build raised beds.
- The wood is cheap and it is not going to run for a long-lasting. The sleeper is going to last long, but it is expensive. The masonry is expensive, but it is going to last forever. You can also use recycled plastic timber. See detailed information on the construction of beds taken. https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=428