Chicken Curry recipe
Know how to make chicken curry, Chicken curry recipe, Chicken Curry Ingredients in this article. Nowadays, most people in non-vegetarian eaters prefer to eat chicken. Last year, when we went on a trip with the family, the first choice of a family on the Dhaba was Chicken Curry. This is a very popular dish in Punjab. Chicken curry is full of spices and wonderful flavor. It is also easy to make, and the material used is also easily available. Now you do not need to go outside the restaurant for this.
Preparation time 20minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
Difficulty level Medium
Chicken Curry Ingredients
Chicken 01 Kilograms
Onion 02 Big size, finely chopped
Garlic, ginger paste 01tbsp
Cashew paste 01tbsp
Tomato’s puree 01tbsp
Bay leaves 02 Piece
Red chili powder 01tsp
Coriander powder 02tsp
Turmeric powder 01tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1tsp
Cumin seeds 1tsp
Kasoorimethi (dry fenugreek leaves) 1tsp (Optional)
Salt as needed
Green coriander leaves 1tbsp chopped
How to make Chicken Curry
- Wash and clean the pieces of chicken thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom pan on the gas, and add bay leaves and cumin seed to it.
- Then add chopped onion and fry until it becomes golden brown on medium flame.
- After this, add ginger-garlic paste and cook it for about 2-3 minutes.
- After that, add chicken pieces to the pan and mix well. Cook it on gas for about 5 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree to this mixture and cook it for a while.
- After cooking a little, add red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves) and salt as needed and stir well.
- Now cover the pan with the lid and cook the chicken in a medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Now add water to this mixture as needed and re-cover the lid, and cook for 20 minutes on medium flame.
- After this, add gram masala powder and cashew paste in the chicken, and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Now remove the lid from the pan and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the gas, your chicken curry is ready, garnish it with green coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- You can serve it with either rice or bread.
- Note: You must have seen that the color of chicken curry prepared in the Dhaba is red in color, for this, you can use food color.