Chrysanthemums sometimes called mums or chrysanths, they are flowering plants of the genus Chrysanthemum in the family Asteraceae. They are native to Asia and northeastern Europe. Chrysanthemum 400 AD was brought to Japan by Buddhist monks. Chrysanthemum throne to sit on the Japanese emperor used to love. This flowering plants are growing Tropical, which is basically the Eurasian region. With 20,000 species of chrysanthemum, Asteraceae family is the largest family of flowering. Here Nature Bring tells you a Chrysanthemum growing tips and care.
Wild chrysanthemum is a texa herbaceous perennial plant. Mums leaves are alternately arranged into leaflets with toothed. The head is covered by layers of phyllaries. The flowers are white, yellow and red in the colors. Chrysanthemums are also known as ‘Mums’. Starting early in the fall blooming chrysanthemums are beautiful varieties of perennials.
Scientific name Chrysanthemum
Plant type Flowering herbs
Sun Full sun
Soil Fertile, sandy soil
Blooming time October -November
Height 10 centimeter- 1.5 meter
Location and Soil
Mums prefer full early sun, at least 6 hours of sunlight is necessary for the plant when inserted it in the sun so it would be nice to produce flowers. It responds to well-prepared soil and moisture because plants require more food. Mix well the soil, fertile, sandy soil is good. The time of planting, the holes should be dug extra deep so that the roots can be moisture.
The easiest way to develop early in the spring season. However, it can be planted at any time, but its root system before the summer season should be developed properly.
There are hundreds of species on the basis of individual size and color, you can choose any option for your garden.
Mums planted easily by seeds, you can plant it by cuttings and dividing also, or buy from the nursery.
- Use 4 to 6 inches fresh healthy cutting, remove the lower half of the leaves ·
- Rooting hormone use in cutting. The sterile moist sand, vermiculite or sphagnum moss and keep up to 1-inch deep crater.
- Prepare a mini greenhouse container above the container cover with poly film. ·
- Chrysanthemum produced by seeds soil before the start of the spring season.
- Do not plant mums for three consecutive years in the same place, it helps to prevent diseases and pests. To get the best results plant should at a distance of at least 18 to 30 Inches.
- This plant is required balanced fertilizer every 2 weeks.
- When the plant is 6 inches long, then all branches of the plant pinch about 3/4 Inches. It helps to develop the plant and promote more bloom when the plant should be 1 foot tall pinches them again.
- The plants are susceptible to mildew, so the priority should be to keep the plant dry.
- The plant much more air circulation, water drainage, and the morning sun are very important.
- Chrysanthemum plant fertile, well-drained, sandy or loamy soils require approximately 6.5 pH.
- Balance fertilizer and light it encourages blooming in growing season.
Pests and daisies
Aphids and leaf miners are common pests. Leaf and bud eelworms stock can cause damage. Occasional pests like Capsid bug and glasshouse red spider sometimes damage. Rust diseases, white rust, are particularly harmful to the chrysanthemum, is difficult to control them. Powdery mildew can be harmful in dry conditions. In wet weather, gray mold and other fungal diseases harmful.