How to get rid of Mealybugs an organic way: Nature Bring
Written by: Sneha Date:18.06.2017
Mealybugs are plant-sucking pests, which are commonly found in garden plants, container plants, and indoor plants. Mealybugs are soft bodied pests that appear on the leaves, stem, and fruit. On seeing, these bags look like white cotton, which are only 0.05 and 0.2 inches long. Mealybugs move very slowly. It gradually eliminates the leaves and stems. Mealy bugs, insects leave sticky substances similar to honeydew which attracts ants. This encourages sooti molds. The number of mealybugs gradually increases and causes the slow growth of the plant. Here Nature Bring tells you how you can get rid of these bugs by organic.
*About 275 species of mealybugs are found in the United States.
Scientific name Planococcus Citri,
Common name Mealy bug
Plants House plants, Greenhouse plants affected.
Inside wax-visible mass, adult female deposits approximately 300 to 600 eggs, which are found under the leaves. Preparation of eggs is for approximately 2 weeks, after having all the eggs, the female bugs die. Hatching occurs within 1-3 weeks and small yellow nymphs become active on the plant. As soon as they start eating food, a sticky substance starts scattering of their body. Find out more.
However, there are many chemicals that eliminate these soft bodies pests, but using them can harm household pets or children. There are many organic methods for this, which can be easily controlled.
How to get control Mealybugs:
- Just to avoid other insects, you adopt a protective approach, just as well. When planting or, buying from a nursery, keep in mind that the plant is completely healthy and strong, weak and the stressed plant can ever be a victim of pests. The place you are planting is that the soil is free of cure.
- Both new growth and nitrogen of plants attract this. Therefore, avoid planting more water and more fertilizer.
- If your plant has become a victim of mealybugs, then you can get rid of the way given below.
- Remove dead leaves or pruning immediately with that strain, because they can have mealy bug eggs.
- To eliminate mealybugs, instead of treating heavy sufferers, removes those plants from the root.
- If your plant is a victim of light mealybugs, then you can separate it from the plant with the sharp edge of the water. You can repeat this process when you need it. But if the plant is small then being careful, otherwise, the plant may also be harmed.
How to get rid of Mealybugs in an organic way:
- Many types of pesticide soaps are available in the market. You can also use the dish wash that will occur in your house. Do not use fragrant products, for which, it will harm the plant. To prepare its spray, mix well with a teaspoon detergent (Small piece dish bar) in 1-gallon water. If not properly mixed, its particles will get stuck in spray nozzles. Spray the prepared mixture Spray the prepared mixture on the infected plant.
- Neem oil is a very good insecticide. Neem oil spray can also be prepared, read the instructions on the label before using it. To prepare the spray, a mixture of 1-quart warm water, 2-teaspoon neem oil and 1-teaspoon liquid detergent. Then fill up this mixture in a spray bottle and spray on mealybugs infected leaves. Spray this mixture on the lower surface of the leaves as well. Use this spray on all the type vegetables, fruits, indoor plants, and herbs. Find it more.
- You can also get rid of mealybugs by spray prepared with food used in the kitchen. It is natural and does not have any side effects. Prepare the paste with a garlic bulb, 1 small onion, 1-teaspoon red chilly powder mixer grinder to prepare it, mix this paste in 1-quart water and leave it for 1 hour. Then add one spoon of liquid soap in it. Filter it apart and separate it. You can store this mixture in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Apart from this, there are also some beneficial insects that relieve mealybugs. These are beneficial insects such as beetles, ladybugs, and lacewing.