Cauliflower is quite popular due to its amazing flavor and unique variety. everybody wants to grow cauliflower at home if, in fact, it is very easy to plant, know in this article how to grow cauliflower in containers, Growing information cauliflower, cauliflower varieties, cauliflower care. It is one of the several vegetables in the species Brassica oleracea, in the family Brassicaceae. This is an annual plant that reproduces by seed. Typically, only the head is eaten.
Its planting is not difficult it is easy to grow. Other plants, such as broccoli, turnip, kale or having other close types of plants can be easy with. Cabbage growing is the best in the spring season and moist temperatures. you can grow crops such as cauliflower in the summer or fall.
Botanical name Brassica oleracea
Soil Rich soil
Soil pH 6.5-6.8
Flower color White
Bloom time Spring Season
Watering Every day
Sun required Full sun
Zones 7 to 10
Growing information cauliflower
If you are planting the cauliflower so it should take care that the plant is sensitive to adverse situations. It should transplant at the beginning of the spring season, you should grow successfully during the spring season in the mild winter climates of Zones 7 to 10.
Location and soil
Like other vegetables is required to full sunlight, at least 6 hours of sunlight is necessary. The plant likes well-drained, moist soil, and requires large amounts of organic fertilizer. The soil should be between pH 6.5 to 6.8 for optimum growth, it protects from the disease clubroot. Moist soil for which have a significant amount of nutrients is more appropriate for cauliflower.
If you want to grow this plant you should 1/ 2 to 3/4 inches depth. The rows are in 3 to 6 inches apart, and seeds into 1 foot apart.
If you want your plant head good should water every 5 to 7 days. When you watering the first time you should use high amount phosphorus so the plant comes into contact with the soil well.
* The plant needs more nutrients. Magnesium levels should be always high otherwise will affect the development of the fruit.
- It should be arranged before the spring season, that they mature before the summer.
- With a fast-growing crop like radish, salad, etc. you can fit in your garden with cauliflower so that you can use more space in the garden.
- Reduce the risk of diseases clubroot, you should not be planted, where it or other cabbage was grown.
- To protect plants from cold and heat, make arrangements to shed.
- For best growth, nitrogen fertilizer plants should be.
- When the head about 2 inches larger on all sides of the outer leaves should be a tie with wire or rope.
- Plants usually 7 to 12 days after blanching are ready for harvesting.
- Water should be required to supplement watering.
These Plants are too much feeder, before planting mix organic fertilizers or other high nitrogen compounds in the soil. When the heads begin to form, then liquid fertilizer feed the plant. These plants require a steady supply of nitrogen so that the maturation is quick and the right flower can be formed. Plants require regular organic fertilizer to keep the soil cool and moist and will suppress weeds.
How to grow cauliflower in a container
How to grow Brassica oleracea, its plant needs adequate space for development, choose 12 inches depth and at least 10 inches wide container to be planted. Make a drainage hole in the container before planting, per container according to a plant
- Select Potting mix well again which is a considerable amount of organic fertilizer, prepared in advance before buying the plants from nurseries.
- You should put container minimum 6 hours of sunlight
- Keep in mind before planting, this plant likes moisture and well-drained soil.
- Give the plant soluble fertilizer every 4 weeks.
- When the desired size of the head of cauliflower, then it should be ready for harvest.
Cheddar contains 25 times more beta-carotene compared to regular white cabbage. There is also additional nutrition in it. This is a wonderful new cauliflower that is yet to be the most attractive and diverse. Its head is about 4 to 7 inches wide and is very heavy.
Purple Of Sicily
Purple Of Sicily takes 90 days to mature. This cauliflower is full of extraordinary and nutritional elements in taste. This is a popular variety due to insect resistance and its purple color. Its head is bigger which is approximately 2-3 pounds.
Romanesco takes 75-100 days to mature. A mix of Broccoli and Cauliflower can be found in this form. It is raw or boiled in food for use.
Snowball Y takes 52-70 days to mature. It is the home favorite cauliflower with its sweet taste and delicate texture, it develops a bright white head. Read more.
Problem with cauliflower
Always be cautious to avoid loopers, imported cabbageworm, cabbage root maggots, aphids, and flea beetles. Possible disease insect club root, black legs, black rot, and are yellow. To avoid problems, keep your garden clean and healthy, keep an eye out for better drainage of water.
Read also: How to grow Clematis vine. How to grow Chrysanthemum in containers. Rose Organic Fertilizer. Growing Cabbage in containers. 8 Common Gardening Mistake easily avoided. Growing Geranium Houseplant in containers. Growing and caring Magnolia Flowers. Spring Onion growing and caring tips.