You can learn about Growing papaya tree, How to grow papaya in a container, Pollination of the papaya plant, Papaya tree care, Papaya Varieties, papaya from our article. The papaya plant growing inside in Sunny room is an enjoyable result, this is a fast-growing tree, its magnificent ornamental leaves are bright and large in size.
Its trees grow straight and long, which looks like an umbrella in view. Papaya plant does not require pruning. Place it in hot and Sunny spots in tropical areas If you move from the indoor to the outdoor, then it will have to be protected from strong winds.
Dwarf papaya means a tree whose height is less than 10 feet, though many varieties of papaya that go up to a height of 3 to 5 feet. If you want to plant papaya and do not live in tropical and subtropical areas, then this is the ideal choice for you. With a little care, you can put it successfully. This will give you papaya in every season.
Scientific name Carica papaya
Common name Papaya
Plant type Fruit
Sun requires Full Sun
Soil Rich well drained soil
Soil pH 6-6.5
Growing papaya tree
The choice of a suitable place for papaya is necessary for Indoor. With the help of a trolley, fully the tree will be able to move to such a place where the sun is the steady stream of light. Dwarf papayas need a lot of sunlight, so keep it in such places where bright sunlight is present. I think the best place is a greenhouse, porch or a room where the good light comes out. To avoid the unusual development of the tree, rotate the plant every week.
The rich soil of papaya is considered most suitable, which is full of organic matter. It’s completely dry soil, whose drainage is better, it eliminates the risk of root rot. Do not use dense clay, separate the pebble stone before using soil. Papaya always performs well in deep soil. For this, the depth of one meter is suitable for the development and production point, to avoid waterlogging make a depth of 0.5 meters.
How to grow papaya in a container
- It is easy to papaya plant with seeds, but you can also plant it by buying it from a nursery.
- If you want to grow papaya plant in a pot, you first choose at least 20 inches wide and 15 inches deep containers, check whether this is the drainage hole or not, if not, with the help of any tools Hole it.
- Spread the surface of the gravel on the lower surface of the pot. Pottery always requires a rich soil, so make a mixture of potting soil and perlite. Fill this mixture in the pot.
- The water generously in the soil, and plant it at a depth of 1/2 inches. Wait for germination of seed, it takes 8 to 9 weeks for germination.
- Select a large container to grow a plant attached to the nursery, which is about 3 times bigger than the root ball.
- Place the container in the appropriate place. After the container plantation becomes heavier, it is inconvenient to shift.
- Fill it lightly by mixing the perlite with the potting soil. Make a pit little bigger than the root ball, after placing the plant in it, fill the extra potting mix all around and close the pit.
- Make another pit next to the Root Ball. Insert Slow Release Balance Fertilizer in the Other Pits.
- Water the plant well, give it water every 3 to 4 days to avoid excess moisture and soggy.
- To maintain moisture, make the layer of mulch all around the tree. Make stable temperatures near tree roots.
- Feed the tree soluble fertilizer every 3 to 4 weeks, the 10-10-10 formula is best for this. In which it will get the equivalent amount of nitrogen, potassium, and phosphate. Please read the instructions written on it before feeding any fertilizer tree.
Dwarf papaya is necessary for observation of temperature to grow in the indoor; it grows very well at 75 degrees Fahrenheit, so keep room temperature constant, if the temperature becomes cool due to some reason then you can set it under the plant heating pad. Keep the tree out in the summer days, and if the outside temperature is below 65 degrees, take it immediately inside the house. Dwarf papaya likes the sunlight, so do not get worried at the outside warm temperatures. Find it more.
Pollination of the papaya plant
If you are going to develop a papaya plant, then some information is also important; if the information is incomplete, then the tree planted by you may not give results. All types of papaya trees are found in male, female and both sexes. The Male papaya tree does not produce fruit, female trees are required for pollination for the male tree. Most of its varieties produce flowers on both male and female plants. Bisexual papaya permits self-pollination, these plants do not require male plants.
“Solo”, this stuff produces fruits and sizes, this type is popular for commercial production.
“Kapoho” is a second species which is grown in Puna district. It has red-orange flesh and big fruit.
“Sunrise” is an international variety, which is marketed abroad.
Papaya tree care
- Papaya tree does not need much water. During the dry and hot weather, it should give water once a week, but the plant in the container requires more water.
- This tree needs fertilization during the Growing Season. Add fertilizer to good manure in September, even in November it needs more manure. After this add a bucket of fertilizer in January.
- These trees do not require much pruning, but you can prune it on top so that the length of the tree will short. Read more.
- The problem of black leaf spot disease is easily found in papaya trees. For this, the agricultural extension officer can contact.