Geranium annual, biennial, perennial plants, it is a genus of 422 species. It usually goes by the name of cranesbills. Geranium is the common name of the genus Pelargonium members, but it is confusing. Wikipedia. The geranium growing and care information on the naturebring.com.
This is very popular these days as a garden plant. This houseplant indoors and out, especially in hanging baskets adorn. If we take care time to time geranium plant can live for a long time easily. It is up to you where and how you plant it. The environment has to be appropriate to put any plants because each plant has different needs.
Geranium flower plants prefer full sun. Indoor geranium requires too much sunlight, though they tend to tolerate medium light. 65 to 70 degrees F it indoors during the day and 55 degrees F temperature necessary at night.
Geranium plants are also interesting for recovery. It improves the health of the kidneys to reduce inflammation, strengthen the immune system, digestion capacity and is used in reducing pain.
Scientific name Pelargonium
Common name Geraniums
Plant type Perennial Houseplant
Sun Full sun
Flower color Pink, Red, Orange, White, Blue
Bloom time Spring, Fall, Summer
Height 3 feet
Temperature 70 ° F
- This plant is a valuable and popular, most Gardner are aware of this it is developed by cutting, but it can be easily developed by seed. Developed by the seed of the plant, you will get the desired color.
- Geranium Care is easy to make the choice of the place before planting. Planting in containers or wherever you are in the outdoors, should the presence of the full sun. If not, at least 6 hours of sunlight are essential.
- Keep in mind that when planting a geranium in containers they do not like too wet and soggy soil, so proper drainage hole in the container is necessary. Well- Drained soil is good for the geranium plant.
- The plants range from 6 inches to 3 feet long, keep in mind when purchasing a container, depending on the variety. Small plants 6 to 8 Inches container is enough, and the 10-inch wide large plant would be fine.
- The Potting Soil Mix to use in containers, it is not any dirt.
Planting and caring
- These plants require high-quality Potting Mix, which contains perlite.
- Fill the container in the well-prepared potting soil. Check the soil before filling the drainage hole in the container or not. Create a layer of pebbles on the surface of the pot. Drainage of the right to water. If the plant is already engaged in the container spread organic compost on the soil, and dig around the plant.
- Select a location before planting geranium, where there is direct sunlight. Make sure to plant at least 6 hours in the sun. If the sun is much faster, keep it in the shade in the afternoon. 70 ° F temperature is regularly required.
- Balance fertilizer 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 your geranium update every two weeks. Purchased fertilizer, it should dissolve easily in water. Or slow-release fertilizer Offering the planting time in the soil mixture. You can be feed in all season.
- Water the geranium plant, do not water again until the soil should not dry out. In the summer it requires regular watering. 2 inches of water each day to give.
- If you make a repot geranium spring is the best season.
- If it is in the pot cut the fade flowers. Deadheads to exclude incentive helps to new flowers. Trim Stems same time, it encourages new branches. Pinch off the leaves had faded.
- If the temperature becomes lower than 45 ° F, then the first place the pot near a sunny window. Stop fertilization. Water one day a week is enough. in early spring when they see new growth in your plant should re-fertilizer.
*Planting in spring after the last hard winter is well explained (National Gardening Association). Depending on the species of geranium, it’s mid-summer, fall or summer can bloom. Though sometimes occur in the spring flowers.
Pests and Diseases
There are some common problems, such as low light, be more or less water. To avoid this you in the drainage system of the container, and place the plant in the sun.