Jasmine genus of shrubs, and are vines of olives family. The plant is native from warm temperate and tropical regions Eurasia, Australia and Oceania land of is native, with about 200 species.
This plant is an important source of the summer garden exotic fragrance. This plant is quite popular due to their odor, especially in the season when most plants are dormant, it scatters its heady fragrance. Jasmine is an important cent a herbal plant. This plant is found in both in shrub or vine plant. Jasmine plants are found mostly in tropical or sub-tropical areas. Though some have succeeded in temperate regions. In cold areas, increases the plant’s care.
The shrub plants are better for landscape design and the jasmine vine are used as the fence or trellises. Its flowers starry pink, white, ivory or even yellow are scented, each flower has four to nine petals. Many of the species are quite fragrant. The flowers come in March and April and bloom all summer.
Though several species of jasmine, but the most popular is Jasminum polyanthum, that known as Chinese star jasmine or plane jasmine.
Jasmine helps you sleep better:
This exotic plant a gentle and soothing affects the body and mind. The study shows that the lower the level of anxiety and awakens the desire to sleep. This not only increases the tendency to sleep also affects your productivity. The plant has a fragrant flower, smelling the flowers just gave a lot of people are fascinated medicines are prepared, headaches, dizziness, colds do work formerly done etc.
Scientific name Jasminum
Common name Jasmine
Plant type Flower
Sun requires Full sun/ part sun
Flower color White, yellow
Flowering time Summer
Soil Moist, well-drained
- Plant cutting expansion and practical approach are quite meaningful.
- Take the 3-inch-long jasmine cutting new side shoots. cuttings place it in the prepared Potting Mix, Moist compost, and sand. Combine these things will get rid of the rot problem.
- You can plant together several cuttings, mind it cuttings to stay away from each other and covered by a plastic sheet (polyethylene).
- These cuttings to flourish requires bright light and warm temperature (direct sunlight is not important.) so does not require water until rooting came out.
- About 4 weeks after you remove the plastic cover. The cuttings will also remove the roots, after a while you can separate out these cuttings.
The well-drained, loamy and fertile soil is better for it. Semi-hardwood harvesting is best for propagation.
- Plant, you keep in the house or outdoors, it is best to grow to direct sunlight. So if you put it on the south window is most appropriate. For indoor jasmine at least 6 hours direct sunlight important.
- The moist and well-drained soil is best for jasmine; it’s mean soils do not wet. Avoid overwatering.
- In the period of growing other plants require food, the same it is necessary. It does not require special feeders. But for all-round development of the plant, from late spring until late autumn publication twice a week to use liquid fertilizer.
- The temperature is the most important of the Jasmine plant. During the growing season, so it is better for the environment temperature is hot, and is warm, it grows and it is easy to survive.
- Keep the soil moist during the summer; less water in the fall. You Keep the plant slightly dry in winter and spring season.
- Pruning after spring season (blooming) to give shape.
Pests and disease:
Many Keats jasmine crop damage. Particularly valuable budworm, and leaf Baber. Mealybugs also attack. New Keats mite in the summer and dry weather are upset. The budworm is the most dangerous. Iron deficiency mainly in the roots rot, yellowing of leaves, nematode infection. Etc.