Know How to grow Rosemary, Growing rosemary plant, Rosemary care, propagation and more about this herb. Rosemary is an Evergreen herb with blue flowers, which are popular due to its aromatic leaves and bitter taste. It is used as a spice in food and its oil is used as a medicine. Many people use it for soup and poultry. Its light blue flowers come in April and May. Evergreen rosemary flowers enhance their beauty in the spring and midsummer, which spread an aroma in the air, in the landscape, this plant is used as a decorative plant. Its leaves are needle-like and the color is brown and green.
Scientific name Rosmarinus officinalis
Common name Rosemary
Plant type Herb
Sun requires Full sun
Soil Loamy/ sandy soil
Soil pH 6.0-8.5
Growing information rosemary plant
- Start this with seed or cutting with 8 to 10 weeks prior to seeding or cutting with the last cold.
- Rosemary herbs like full sunlight and happy sandy soil. For this, pH 6.0s to 8.5 are the best.
- When the soil temperature is 70 degrees F, you will get the best results. Rosemary plants can tolerate partial shadows.
- Plant should be enough room for the plant because its shrub length is about 4 feet and it spreads to about 4 feet wide.
- Add slow release fertilizer at planting, reuse It In the growing season
- Its plants prefer moisture, so keep moisture in a uniform form. Give some time to dry the water in between.
How to propagate Rosemary plant from cutting
- Most people propagate rosemary by cuttings.
- Its seeds can reduce the chances of success in germination.
- If you want, you can start by buying a plant from the nursery.
- To get it started you choose its new development, and take an approximately 2-inch cutting.
- Remove the leaves from the lower part of the cutting and then dip its lower surface into the rooting hormone. Mix the perlite with a potting mixture and fill it in a small pot. Press its bottom surface of the soil.
- Place this container where indirect Sun comes and the place is warm.
- Keep its water and make sure the soil does not dry. Roots come in 2 to 3 weeks, after being slightly mature, it becomes worth transplanting.
- Pinch its top to encourage the development of branches. Find it more.
Rosemary plant care
- Keep trimming after flowering of plants, it encourages plant health and development.
- Water the plant regularly during the Growing Season.
- Prune its plants regularly so that they do not look like uncharted plants.
- The plant likes to remain dry to some extent, it is appropriate to choose the terracotta container while choosing the container.
- Although Rosemary is not a heavy feeder, then you use a fish/kelp emulsion in the spring season.
- Use a foliar spray with emulsion. This will create an attraction in everyday life. Read more.
Rosemary pest problem
- Powdery Mildew, the biggest problem of the plant, affects the indoor plant very badly. It is caused by an excess of moisture and lack of air circulation around the plant. If you do not end it, it will weaken the plant badly. To get rid of this, keep the plant in the sun for some time, where there is good air circulation. Or spray the insecticide soap.
- Apart from this, Spider mites and Aphids are also attacked on the plant. Their invasion is in winter, at this time these pests live in houseplants. If some kites are on plants, then you can eliminate them like this, if there is more infection then you can spray the insecticidal soap twice three times a week. Find it more.
Health benefits Rosemary
This herb not only uses good taste in culinary dishes, but it is also a good source of iron, calcium and vitamin B-6. It is usually made of powder by drying this herb, while tea and The liquid conclusions are used in other uses. This herb is used for medicinal properties since ancient times. Rosemary oil is traditionally used to reduce muscle pain. It is also used to improve memory, immunity and circulatory system.
- Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- For digestion improvement
- Neurological protection
- For memory improvement
- Macular degradation protection
Read also: How to grow Onion in a container. Growing crossandra in containers. Spring onion growing and caring. Growing Petunias in the container. 8 Frugal Gardening Tips. Propagate Rose with Cinnamon. How to grow Ridge gourd at home. Best flowers for Butterflies and bees.