Guava is tropical fruit, its cultivation In tropical and sub-tropical areas, there is abundance. In the ground, this tree goes up to a height of about 30 feet from the height of about 12 feet. There are many species of it that you can easily plant in the container and its care is also very easy. Its flowers are colorful and delicate fragrances. Read this article on Nature Bring for developing and caring for guava fruit.
The fruit maybe 4 inches long and 4 to 5 inches in width. The shape of the fruit is round, oval or pear size. It is found in white, pink, red or flash color. Its fruit has the aroma of a certain kind. Ripped fruit on the trees is good and sweet in taste. Rounded small size seeds inside the fruit. Ripe and green fruit can be 2 to 4 weeks in store.
Botanical name Psidium guajava
Watering Regular watering
Soil Better in rich soil
Sun Full sun
Fertilizer in a month
Soil pH 4.5- 7.0
Climate humid and dry both
It is known by many names in different countries.
Common Guava (white, red) Pisdium guajava, Guhiava, Bihi, amrood, jamphal, Amrut Phala, Araçá-Goiaba, Araçá-Guacú, Banjiro, Brazilian Guava, Fan Shi Liu, Feuille de Goyavier, Goiaba, Guayaba , djamboe, Goyabe, Goyave, Goyave Jaune, Goyave Rouge, Goyavier, Goyavier du Brésil, goavier, Lemon Guava, etc.
You can grow it in containers or ground. These plants need well-drained soil, but it also developed in different kinds of soils. The significant amount of salts in the soil should avoid using. A rich and completely dry soil containing pH 4.5-7.0 is most suitable for this. When planting, mix sand and good compost in the soil of the garden.
*You can grow it in containers in cold zones.
Growing from seed
- If you want to plant Guava trees by seeds it will take about 3-4 years to give this fruit. To grow the tree from the seed, buy good quality seeds from the nursery shop.
- Soak the seeds for the first 3 to 5 days in water, doing this will speed up germination.
- Take a small container, fill it with potting mix, add 2 to 3 seeds in it and sprinkle light water, to maintain the moisture.
- Now cover it with a plastic sheet. Now keep it in a room with warm temperatures. Guava seeds sprout well in temperature of 25 to 30 degree C.
- Its seeds sprout in about 3 to 10 weeks. When the plants get mature enough they can transfer it to the ground.
- If you want, you can purchase grafting plants directly from the nursery.
Plants require regular watering and deep watering. The plant can stay alive in the saturated soil. Watering that should have at least soil wet 2-3 inches. Lack of moisture that may delay flowering and fruit drop may be because of it.
It is developed in both moist and dry climate. It’s fruit found in both seasons. In the low temperature, guava is alive. The temperature of 29 degrees or above is good for the guava. Guava is not tolerance only very high temperature and full of water soil.
It can be pruning to maintain the shape is around the edges if desired. It does not impact on the yields of at least from sorting.
These trees need fertilizer once a month and before the pruning of tree if given full organic manures you can find a better result. If given regular compost can find good yields.