South Indian Recipe
Idli is a popular South Indian dish made by making a granulated paste of rice and urad dal. This is like seeing a sponge cake. This is a very ideal breakfast and very much preferred all over the place. It is also beneficial from a health perspective and is incredibly low in calories. It is hotly served with coconut chutney and sambar. The biggest thing is that oil is not used to make Idli. It is done in many ways like RawaIdli, Riceidli, PohaIdli, RagiIdli, Oats Idli and Ready Mix etc. However, the recipe can be made immediately with Ravasuji (semolina) but you will have to make Idli made from rice and Dal (lentil) for getting a traditional taste. Nature Bring is telling you the easy way to the recipe.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes
Difficulty level Easy
Ingredients for recipe
(1 cup = 250 grams)
Basmati Rice (for idli/ dosa) 02 cup
Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tsp
Urad dal (lentil) 1/2 cup
Salt as needed
Oil To apply in idli stand
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Water as required
- Soak basmati rice in a bowl for 3-4 hours. Similarly, in another pot, soak urad dal (lentil) also for 3-4 hours. After 3-4 hours, remove the extra water from the lentil and grind it finely. Similarly, after removing excess water from rice, grind it scabrous with the help of mixer grinder.
- Grind rice and lentils Mix together and prepare a thick paste. Add a little salt according to the taste in this mixture, then add a little baking soda in it and keep it in a hot place for about 12 hours.
- Leave the mixture to ferment; you will see that the mixture becomes twice as fast as before. Now your mix is ready to make Idli.
- Mix well the solution with the spoon, if the mixture is very thick, then getting water, otherwise, this will not become spongy. You Grease in the stand and pour the solution. In this way, all the stand is filled with solution.
- There is a different kind of traditional utensil for making idli, if it is fine then otherwise you can make it in the pressure cooker too. We use a pressure cooker at our home.
- Add two glasses of water to the pressure cooker and keep it on the flame. Now place the stand in the cooker and close the lid, but remove the whistle.
- Cook it for 10 minutes in high flame, now turn off the gas and remove the lid, let it cool slightly, remove the all idle from the idli stand with the help of a knife.
- Take your idle, ready. Serve it with hot sambar and coconut chutney.
Some people like to eat fries or if it became more, you can fry the Idli. Add a little oil to fry it on the pan, then add little mustard seeds in it, when the mustard seeds start crackling, add chopped green chilies and little curry leaves in it, then add lightly salt and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the gas, garnish with a green coriander and serve with tomato sauce, schezwan sauce, chili sauce or green chutney.
- Wash the rice 3-4 times to make a completely white Idli.
- Grease well in Idli stand, otherwise the idli will stick in the stand and there will be trouble in getting out.
See from Sambar Recipe.
See for Coconut chutney recipe.