How to make Bhindi (Okra) gravy masala?
It is a perennial plant and it is cultivated in tropical and warm temperate climate annually. Ladies finger or okra is also called Bhindi in India, it is a very tasty and popular vegetable, which is cooked all over indigenously in whole India. Bhindi is not just delicious, but it also has a lot of nutrient content. Okra is used in various types of recipes, from India to the Caribbean, except for India. Many people also use it as a soup. Nature Bring is sharing you with an easy way to make okra (lady) gravy masala. Read How to grow okra plant.
See other vegetables with gravy.
|Nutrition Facts of Okra (Amount Per 100 grams)|
|Calories 33 %|
|Total Fat 0.2 g 0%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg 0%|
|Potassium 299 mg 8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7 g 2%|
|Dietary fiber 3.2 g 12%|
|Sugars 1.5 g|
|Protein 1.9 g 3%|
|Vitamin A 14%|
|Vitamin C 38%|
|Vitamin B-6 10%|
|Vitamin B-12 0%|
*Percent daily value is based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Depending on your daily prices, it may be more or less Your calorie needs
Cuisine Punjabi For how many people 04 Cooking Time
Ingredients for making Okra (Bhindi) gravy masala
Okra (Bhindi) 250 gram
Onion 1 large or 2 small
2 Tablespoon Chopped coriander leaf
1 Teaspoon Kasoori Methi
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
1/2 Teaspoon Chilly powder
1/2 Teaspoon Coriander powder
2-3 Tejpatta (Indian way leaf)
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Ingredients for gravy
3 big ripe tomatoes 150 gram approx
1/2 inch Ginger root
6-8 garlic cloves
1/2 inch cinnamon
2 Tablespoon Curd
2 Small cardamom
1 Single Mace Blades (Javitri)
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Okra (Bhindi) recipe
- 250 grams of ladyfinger take it through the strainer (Forged utensils), then wash it well with running water, Remove them completely from the strainer or Forged utensils.
- Do the well with the clean clothes of the kitchen. Keep in mind that there was no moisture in Bhindi (okra).
- If you want, you can also dry it by putting it under the fan.
- Cut each Bhindi (okra) with a knife into 2 or 3 parts. Cut big Bhindi into three parts and cut short Bhindi into two parts.
- Take 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan and heat it in medium flame, then add chopped Bhindi. Fry it and separate them. Deep fry it until it looks a bit brown. Cover the Fried Bhindi (okra) in a clean vessel.
- Tomatoes, ginger, garlic, and chilies, chopped in a vessel. Add the chopped ingredients to a grinder jar.
- Then add 2 tablespoon fool fat curd, 1 small cardamom, 1/2 inch cinnamon, 1 single standard of mace, in it.
- Make a paste, keep in mind that do not mix water with it. By getting water the taste will become worse. Cover this paste in a vessel.
For making gravy
- To make the gravy, take 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil in the same pan, then add a teaspoon in it and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the chopped onion and fry until it starts appearing golden.
- Slow down the flame, then add turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder according to a number of ingredients mentioned above.
- Mix the spice powder well, when it gets cooked, add the prepared tomatoes and curd paste. Keep the paste, stir. Otherwise, it will stick to the surface of the pan.
- Keep the flame slowly and keep stirring, until the oil, leaving the mixture.
- Add 3/4 cups of water to the mixture thoroughly. If the gravy is thin, then mix a little water.
- Mix salt according to your taste.
- Then add deep fry Bhindi and stir. Allow cooking for 5 to 6 minutes on medium flame. Let it cook until it simulates with the aroma. Do not cook gravy for a long time, otherwise, it will become mushy. Then add kasoori Methi in it according to the above. After mixing well, add chopped coriander leaves, serve hot.