How to make Kadai Paneer | Easy recipe by Nature Bring
Written by: Sneha Date:26/11/2017
Paneer (cottage cheese) has its own place in Indian cuisine. There is a bigger function or a guest coming to the house, there are no good dishes from the cottage cheese (Paneer). In such a situation, you should strictly make paneer and welcome guests. Kadhai Paneer is a vegetarian recipe, which you can very easily make at home. In this post, Nature Bring is sharing you the simple method of making Kadai Paneer.
Preparation time- 05 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Difficulty level – Easy
Ingredients for Kadai Paneer
Paneer (Cubed) cottage cheese 500 grams
Tomatoes 5 Medium size
Shimla Mirch (Bell pepper) 01 Medium size
Onion finely strips 01 big size
Cream 2 Tbsp
Oil 3 Tbsp
Asafetida 01 pinches
Green chili 3-4 Chopped
Ginger 2 inches long
Garlic 7-8 clove
Coriander seeds 4-5-Tsp
Cumin seeds 2 Tsp
Bay leaves 2
Turmeric Powder 1/2-Tsp
Kashmiri Red Chili Powder 1/2-Tsp
Garam masala Powder 1/2-Tsp
Crushed Kasuri methi ½ Tbsp
Dry Fenugreek leaves
Salt as needed
Coriander Leaves 1-Tbsp
How to make recipe
Preparation for Kadai Paneer
- Take the paneer according to the above-mentioned amount and cut it into a square shape.
- Bell pepper also washes, cut and keep aside.
- Now heat the pan, add 2-3 tbsp of oil, when the oil becomes hot, add the Paneer (cottage cheese) and fry it as it is brown. When the top surface becomes brown, turn it over and fry until brown, separate them in a bowl.
- According to the above-mentioned amount, Kashmiri Red Chili Powder and Coriander seeds in a pan and roast them in a low flame. When the smell comes, close the burner. When the mixture cools down, mix well with the help of mixer grinder. Put them apart in a bowl.
- Make the onion finely strips with a sharp edge knife.
- Finely chopped 2 medium tomatoes. Cut out the remaining tomato and grind it with the help of blender and make a puree. Put this puree in a vessel.
- Make a paste by mixing ginger and garlic according to the amount written above.
Kadai Paneer gravy
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan and warm it, when the oil becomes hot, add cumin seeds.
- After frying cumin, add finely strips onion, add asafoetida, prepared Kashmiri red chili powder and coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilies and roast it.
- Add garam masala and roast it.
- After that add finely chopped tomatoes. Mix it well until oil is visible on the sides.
- After that add tomato puree and stir well and cook for at least 10 minutes.
- Add chopped capsicum (bell pepper), and cook until well boil.
- Mix the salt according to the taste and water as needed and cook on medium flame for 7-8 minutes.
- After this add Crushed Kasuri methi (Fenugreek leaves) and stir well.
- After that, put the cottage cheese cubes (Paneer). Let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Your Kadai paneer is ready but you can add 2-tablespoon cream in the gravy to increase taste.
- Now you garnish with coriander leaves. Serve this with hot-hot rotis, naan, and steamed rice or jeera rice.
- Instead of cream, you can also add 10-12 cashew nuts or seeds of melon.
- If you do not eat the onions and garlic, you can also make Kadai paneer without it.
For the other recipes of paneer please log in.