Learn How to make Kaju Katli, Kaju Katli Recipe, Kaju Barfi, ingredients and more about this recipe. Kaju Katli is a popular North Indian sweet, which is very much liked in India and abroad. It is often made in Indian festivals or special events. It is also known as Kaju barfi. This dessert is delicious and it is also easy to make. There is very little sugar content, and cashew nuts paste is used. When you make it, you can add the number of ingredients used according to your needs. Many people like to eat after dinner. It is a delicious mixture of cashew nuts and milk. You can easily make it at home by following the steps given below. Read more.
Total time 50 minute
Preparation time 10 minute
Cook time 40 minute
Difficulty level Easy
Ingredients for Kaju Katli
Cashew nuts 250 grams
Water 100 ml
Sugar 200 grams
Rose water 1tsp
Green cardamom powder 1/8tsp
Pure ghee 2tsp
Pure ghee for greasing as needed
Silver vark as needed
Preparation Kaju barfi
Add cashew nuts according to the above-mentioned amount in the blender jar and grind until powder is done. Do not run the blender for a long time because cashew oil starts to release oil and it becomes lumpy.
Ensure that the powder is not very grainy and neither is too fine, a little grainy powder will be good.
How to make Kaju Katli
- Add sugar and water to a pan, heat it and mix it well.
- After some time the sugar will dissolve completely and the mixture will start boiling faster, add cashew powder and reduce the flame.
- Mix the sugar and powder mixture well, the mixture should not lumps.
- Continue stirring until the mixture becomes slightly thicker. Now add rose water and pure ghee to it. You can also add cardamom powder to taste.
- Cook the mixture until it thickens and starts leaving the edges of the pan. And some drops of ghee appear to be dripping. The mixture should not look dry, rather it should be mist and sticky.
- Now close the gas stove, smoothen the butter paper with ghee. Now move the mixture of cashew nuts on the butter paper.
- Put a little ghee in your hand, knead this dough for 1/2 minutes. When you get smooth cashew nuts dough, turn off the kneading and cover with a butter paper.
- Now grease a plate spread the dough in a uniform layer, You use a rolling pin to spread the stuff.
- Keep your thickness according to your favorite, though the Kaju barfi thickness is very low, so keep it around 1 / 4cm or 1/8 inch.
- Spread the silver vark over it and cut it in the shape of the right diamond. Read more.
- You can also store your cashew barfi at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- The cashew used is moist, so put the cashew nuts in the sun and dry it.
- Use nonstick pan for cashew barfi, it is easy and efficient.
- After getting 1 string stability you cannot boil the sugar syrup, otherwise, your barfi will be hard and brittle.
- Keep the gas flame slow while cooking cashew nuts.
- Instead of a butter paper, you can also use plastic sheets or you can use the plate to Greece.