How to make Shahi Paneer | Nature Bring Recipe
Written by: Sneha Date: 03/02/2018
Shahi Paneer is the most liked dishes to eat, which is most liked in North India. In India, it is quite popular and it is easy to make it. Shahi Paneer attracts spicy gravy and due to its dark complexion. Use tomato for gravy, and cashew paste enhances the flavor. Use green cardamom powder for flavor and aroma of shahi paneer. Shahi Paneer is the glory of the party, but when it comes to making it, they start looking towards each other and later resort to a restaurant. Nature Bring is sharing an easy way to make Shahi Paneer.
Preparation time- 10 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
Difficulty level – Easy
Ingredients for Shahi paneer
Paneer (Cubed) cottage cheese 500grams
Milk 1/2 cup
Cream 100 grams
Tomatoes 4 Medium sizes finely chopped
Onion 02 big size chopped
Cashew nut 20-22 pieces
Ginger 1.5 inches long, fine chopped
Green chili 03 Chopped
Cumin seeds 01 tsp
Red chili powder 1.5 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Garam masala powder 01 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Green cardamom 03
Tomato Ketchup 04 tbsp
Green coriander leaves ¼ cup
Fresh Cream 2 tbsp
Oil or Ghee 06tbsp
Salt as needed
Water 01 cup
Method of making shahi paneer
- Cut the pieces of paneer into cubes and put them in separate bowls. Keep cashew soaking it in water for 20 minutes, then grind it with the help of mixer grinder and separate it.
- Take 1 tablespoon oil in the pan and add pieces of square paneer (cottage cheese) and roast it until brown. Then put it aside.
- Now add the onion, ginger, green chilly and tomato in the mixer and paste it and keep aside. You can also use tomato puree instead of the chopped tomatoes.
- Now take yogurt in a bowl and mix it well.
- To make this recipe more delicious, you can roast different spices and then add it to the gravy, this will make your recipe more tasty and aromatic.
- Add 3 spoons of ghee or oil to the pan and heat it in medium flame, then add cumin seeds and roast it. Put chopped onion, ginger, green chilli, green cardamom in a pan and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- After this add turmeric powder, coriander and roast it.
- Add the grated tomatoes to this spice. When the tomatoes are well roasted, add Cashew paste and cream in it and fry well until the oil is visible on the edge of the pan. Then mix one cup water in that mixture. Now make the gravy thick and thin according to your needs. Now mix well with red chilli powder and salt as needed.
- When the boil starts to come, pour milk and paneer pieces into the gravy and cover it with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes. So that the spices should be well cooked in paneer. Then add cream to it and stir it, take your Shahi Paneer is ready, garnish it with green coriander leaves and serve it hot.
- If you like garlic then you can use it as a paste with onion.
- Some people use paneer without roasting, it depends on your taste.
- If you do not have cream then you can use fresh malai instead.