Appletree seems a little strange to listen to grow in the container, but it is a dwarf species comes, you can grow easily. Whether the apple tree in the terrace garden or patio can appeal. Yes, it’s a little care and a suitable environment is important. Nature Bring to be telling you how Apple will plant containers. learn Growing Apple tree, How to grow Apple tree in a container, Appletree care, Pests and diseases Apple tree and more about the tree in this article.
Apple is so many advantages of locating in the container. 1. It can move when during the bed whether in winter in the yard or in spring frost you can shift it in a hot area house.
- The container takes up very little space, which is very important at present. It is ideal for small houses.
Decorative and attractive to fruit plants in containers, which provides a new look to your terrace Garden and Patio. Fruit in containers are also disadvantages as well as advantages to plants. Following the plant in containers require regular watering. Given the environment of the plant has to misplace.
Botanical Name Malus Domestica
Plant type Fruit tree
Sun required Full Sun
Soil pH Natural
Bloom time Summer
- The plant was developed by Apple is not right to send. If you want to find an apple tree in the container, you have a dwarf or semi-dwarf grafted nursery plant purchase one.
- First, you choose which species you want to grow, then you choose a rootstock that grows on. This is required for some fruit plants.
- Rootstock to help control cultivar vigor, and it is more suitable for a container.
- If you see the level Rootstock written on it with the name of the cultivar, such as Apple’s ‘Discovery’ M9
This is the best option
Apple: M9, M26 (M27 is too dwarfing )
Growing Apple tree
- Keep this in mind as they were in the open position of the sun in any container that promotes plant growth.
- To avoid afternoon sun in the summer the container moves in the place that is shaded.
- Regular watering is necessary, but keep in mind that when the compost surface dries completely re-Water.
- When a report every alternate year since the plant dropped its leaves, its roots while doing a report pruning and change the surface of the compost.
How to grow Apple tree in a container
- Usually, the fruit is more appropriate to plant in large containers, the Apple tree in a container with 18 to 20 inches is well developed. Plastic containers are more suitable than terracotta containers. Clay containers are heavy and there is a fear of breakdown. However, fruit plants in containers can be planted in any season. But even putting the plant is better suited for the spring season, this season, increasing the plant’s roots and plant installation helps. The plant you are putting into the pot put in the bottom of pebbles or broken pieces of the pot, which goes out of the water Decorative mulch over the soil to keep moisture.
- After the tree has reached its final size it is also worth replenishing a proportion of the soil every 3-5 years. Some authorities suggest root-pruning at this time as well, in other words pruning the roots back by about a quarter, which will encourage the tree to continue growing whilst preventing it from getting too big. During the growing season, the nutrient that helps, but its nutrients in a year are almost over. This does not mean you cannot use organic manure or compost, they are using the healthy plant.
- The third volume of a good quality compost mix in perlite. Include fortnightly liquid potassium.
* Spring season planting in the central and northern regions is considered the best. Where the weather is generally mild and humid in the fall and winter, it is best to fall planting.
Apples deep, fertile and well-draining soil, preferring the sandy loam soils prefer. The moderately rich soil is suited to the apple tree and retain Moisture is needed. Some other organic material and nutrients to maintain soil moisture, but they are used to decompose. Whether you can use ordinary soil and the compost mixture. Complete mixing of the manure so it dries quickly. In containers ready for planting apple trees Potting Mix slightly acidic and neutral pH (6 to 6.8) use.
Almost all plants require regular watering engaged in a container, so the apple tree requires regular watering. During the formation of flower buds generally more water through and other times moderately and require less water in winter. Deepwater promotes the growth of plants, but avoid overwatering can cause damage to the plant, root rot is a victim of it. Overwatering the development of powdery mildew is likely to persist. Read more.
Every 2 weeks during the growing season water Soluble fertilizer to apple plant. When the tree becomes old fruit fertilizer use. The compost must read the directions before using packets. Reduce the feeding during the winter to late fall.
Growing this tree requires cool winter and moderate summer temperatures. Where the temperature is too warm a bit and has not developed the Apple Tree. The tree will tolerate extremely low temperatures and become dormant.
The best time to pruning when trees are dormant. Apple’s plants are dormant in late winter or the beginning of spring. Such branches went immediately to discard the dead. Pruning helps to provide stability to the plant quickly.
Pests and diseases
- The apple affected by pests, but here are a few tips, which you can avoid problems.
- Growing trees in containers to require extra care in the summer. Regular watering, prevent the fruits dropping and stop along with the browning of leaves edges.
- Japanese beetles that attack apples but it is terminated by the spray. The apple maggot is the most harmful for apple.
- There are some common problems which can be well away from the monitor. These are the main apple canker, apple scab, bacterial canker, brown rot, peach leaf curl, and silver leaf.
Read also: How to grow Pansy flowers in containers. Spring Onion growing and caring tips. How to grow potatoes in containers Growing Guava tree in containers. Growing Popular Indian Gooseberry in containers. Peachtreegrowing in containers. SapodillaGrowing and caring tips. Fig tree growing and caring tips. Liatris flowers care tips. Keep your plants healthy. Star fruits Growing and caring tips. Graft fruits tree and plants.