How to make Paneer Pasanda | Nature Bring Recipe
Written by: Sneha Date: 18/03/2018
Paneer Pasanda as per the name different from other paneer recipes, the method of making it is also different. This is a very tasty vegetable, in which there is also a separate (triangle) of paneer (cottage cheese). You can serve it with roti, naan, and pulao. If you want to make a special welcome to your guests or make an occasion memorable then you can make this recipe. Nature Bring is providing information about the easiest method of making paneer pasanda here.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Difficulty level Easy
Ingredients for Matar Paneer
Paneer (cottage cheese) 250grams
Tomato puree 01 cup
Garlic 6-7 cloves, finely chopped
Onion 02 big size chopped
Cashew 8-10 piece (Make Paste)
Ginger 02 inches long, finely chopped
Green chili 02 Chopped
Cumin seeds powder 01 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
Fresh cream 1/2 cup
Bay leaves 02 leaves
Olive Oil 02 tbsp
Salt as needed
Green coriander leaves 1/4 cup
Grated cheese 01 tbsp
Preparation for recipe
- Put 2 big sizes chopped onion in water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion from the water and grind it into the mixer and prepare a fine paste and keep aside in the bowl.
- Similarly, according to the above-mentioned quantity, grind finely mixture with ginger, garlic, and green chillies.
- Grate the paneer for dressing.
Method of making Paneer pasanda
- Cut 4 thin slices of paneer and mash the remaining paneer. Mix well with finely chopped cashew nuts.
- Into this mixture, mix the green coriander and salt according to the taste and fill it between the paneer slices.
- Prepare cornflour solution in a vessel, then dip this slice into it.
- Heat the oil in the pan, and fry the pieces on both sides. Remove the fried paneer in the plate. Now add another spoon of oil to the pan and heat it.
- Add bay leaves and small cardamom in it. When the color of the way leaves change, add ginger, garlic and green chilli paste to it, and cook for a few minutes on medium flame. Then add onion paste to it, and cook for a while, when the onion becomes brown, then add tomato puree and cook it, till the oil is not visible on the edges of the pan.
- Now add cashew paste and mix well. Then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt as needed for gravy and cook about one minute. add small cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Then add 2 cups of water to it and cook for about five minutes on medium flame.
- Place the triangle cut, sliced paneer into one plate and put the prepared gravy on it.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves and add grated paneer (cottage cheese). Serve hot with roti naan or pulao.
Cashew paste makes the gravy thick and creamy, instead, you can use a paste of poppy seed (Khas Khas) paste. It is easy to make, soak it in hot water and make a paste.