How to grow Marigold: Nature Bring
By: Sneha Date: 01.02.2016
Most herbaceous plants are members of the sunflower family. Tagetes is also Hardy annual or perennial plants are of the same genus. Are native to North and South America. But these species are found worldwide. One species T. Minuta plant is considered harmful in some areas.
This plant blooms throughout the summer regularly, so it is more popular than the other perennial. The reason for its popularity is grown in very easy circumstances. Once you put it, when it grows easily with ordinary care. Marigold plants prefer full sun light conditions. The plants will tolerate partial shade, however, if the atmosphere remains hum. It comes in different colors, but the main colors are yellow and orange.
It is very popular as a herbaceous plant. Its pungent smell and is used in many cosmetic treatments. Many species of these plants, which main is Tagetes lucida, T minuta, Calndula, African Marigold, French Merigold, Tagetes etc. Tegets most cultivated varieties of which are known as African Marigold.
These flowers of particular importance in the festival, In festivals Nepalis and Indians decorate the house and use it in the worship of deities. Cultivation of marigold is widely used in India and Thailand. Marigold flowers are double daisy, carnation like flower heads are goods, which are produced singly or in clusters.
Scientific name Tagetes
Common name Marigold
Plant type Flower
Sun Full Sun
Soil type Loamy, sandy
Flower color Yellow, Orange
Bloom time Spring, Fall, Summer
- Marigold prefers full sun, some time they tolerates partial sunlight when temperature is high.
- These plants are generally flourishing in the soils of any type but the moderate fertile, well drained soil is good.
- When the soil temperature is warm then it should be sow them directly in the garden. Last spring, a month before the cold season you can start seeds indoors.
- Its seeds germinate easily get indoors. It takes 45 days after sowing to flowering.
- Marigold seeds 1 / 4 centimeter should press in the soil and water should be sufficient. A few days later when the plant should be 2 inches tall, then transplant into the loose soil.
- When you transplant this plant in to the container use perfect potting mix.
- Flowers bloom for long periods in flowering period use potash fertilizer.
- Pinch off the first flowers are when they open, it helps in the production of flowers wide.
- However, there is a fairly pungent smell of Marigold, still threatened by insects, it is relief. Many times it can upset slug.
- American and Triploid Marigold species is fairly long, are carried to the heavy rain and wind damage it. To avoid this problem, use stocking.
- Water when you see it, the soil is dry, then re-Water.
- Do not water the overhead Marigold, but base of the plant.
- Marigold well thrive in poor soil so that the plant does not need fertilizer.
- Africa dense double flower head is stand for rot in cold weather.
Tagetes species of different sizes 0.1 m to 2.2 m tall. Most species have pinnate green leaves. Often golden orange, yellow, white colors are found. The flowers are 4 to 6 cm in diameter. These are planted annually in horticulture. This perennial species is quite popular.
Usually it consists of orange color. There are some plants from the Asteraceae family, Ornamentals and that which is widely cultivated.
Insects and Disease:
Marigold plant have some pests problem . To avoid these problems, plant should grow around the cabbage and broccoli . Keep an eye on this plant is quite slug harm. Soft-bodied insects, aphids and spider finish by insecticidal soap spray or from the strong stream by the water.(1)
Keep in mind bacterial leaf spot, powdery mildew, Alternaria leaf spot, damping-off, root rot and the risk.
Zinnia and calendula Marigold seeds such that the number is too much. When the flower is dried out completely, cut them and make bundle, hang it upside down. Once it becomes dry and crisp, so be sure to keep it safe from the hands crush.