Marigold is very popular as a herbaceous plant. Its pungent smell and is used in many cosmetic treatments. Many species of these plants, which main is Tagetes lucida, T minuta, Calendula, African Marigold, French Marigold, Tagetes etc. Tegets most cultivated varieties of which are known as African Marigold. learn How to grow Marigold flower, Growing marigold plant in a container, Tagetes plant Care, Varieties of marigold plant, and more about this Genda plant.
Most herbaceous plants are members of the sunflower family. Tagetes (Genda) are also Hardy annual or perennial plants that are of the same genus. Tagetes are native to North and South America, but these species are found worldwide. One species T. Minuta plant is considered harmful in some areas.
This plant blooms throughout the summer regularly, so it is more popular than the other perennial. The reason for its popularity is grown in very easy circumstances. Once you put it when it grows easily with ordinary care. Plants prefer full sunlight status, but they can tolerate partial shade if the environment remains moist.
Its flowers come in different colors, but the main colors are yellow and orange. These flowers of particular importance in the festival, In festivals Nepalis and Indians decorate the house and use it in the worship of deities. Genda wide cultivation is used in India and Thailand. Marigold flowers are a double daisy, carnation-like flower heads are goods, which are produced singly or in clusters. Read also.
Scientific name Tagetes
Common name Marigold, Genda
Plant type Flower
Sun Full Sun
Soil type Loam, Sandy
Flower color Yellow, Orange
Bloom time Spring, Fall, Summer
How to grow Marigold plant
How to grow Marigold flower Plant, it is much easier to grow than other plants, their care is also easy.
- The plant prefers full sun, sometimes they tolerate partial sunlight when the temperature is high.
- Tagetes can usually grow in any soil, but moderately fertile and well-drained soil is best.
- When the soil temperature is warm then it should sow them directly in the garden. Last spring, a month before the cold season you can start seeds indoors.
- Its seeds germinate easily get indoors. It takes 45 days after sowing to flowering.
- Plant seeds 1 / 4 centimeter should press in the soil and water should be sufficient. A few days later when the plant should be 2 inches tall, then transplant into the loose soil.
- When you transplant this plant into the container using a perfect potting mix.
- Flowers bloom for long periods in the flowering period use potash fertilizer.
- Pinch off the first flowers are when they open, it helps in the production of flowers wide.
Zinnia and calendula seeds such that the number is too much. When the flower is dried out completely, cut them, and make a bundle, hang it upside down. Once it becomes dry and crisp, so be sure to keep it safe from the hand’s crush.
Marigold plant Care
- The smell of this plant is quite pungent, which is less prone to insects and requires less care. Yes, the slug can disturb it.
- American and Triploid species are fairly long, are carried to the heavy rain, and wind damage it. To avoid this problem, use stocking.
- Water when you see it, the soil is dry, then re-water.
- Do not water the marigold flower overhead, water it from the plant base.
- They will thrive in poor soil so that the plant does not need fertilizer.
- Africa dense double flower headstands for rot in cold weather. Read also.
Varieties of the marigold plant
Tagetes species of varying sizes are 0.1 m – 2.2 m long. Most species have green leaves, with golden orange, yellow, white flowers. Marigold flower is 4 to 6 cm in diameter. This perennial species is quite popular, and it grows annually in horticulture.
Usually, it consists of an orange color. It has some ornamental plants from the Asteraceae family, that are widely cultivated by people.
Insects and Disease of Marigold plant
This plant has some pests problem. To avoid these problems, the plant should grow around the cabbage and broccoli. Keep an eye on this plant is quite a slug harm. Soft-bodied insects, aphids, and spider finish by insecticidal soap spray or from the strong stream of the water. (1)
Keep in mind bacterial leaf spot, powdery mildew, Alternaria leaf spot, damping-off, root rot, and the risk.
Read also: How to grow Crossandra flower. How to grow Jade Plant. Colchicum growing and caring tips. Plumeria Growing and caring tips. Growing Anthurium plant indoors. Pansy flowers growing and care guide. Mulberry tree growing at home. Lily Growing and caring tips. Orange jasmine growing and caring guide. Best flowers for Bees and Butterfly garden.