Know How to grow Grapevine, Growing grapevine in a container, Planting Grapevine from Seed, Grapevine Care and more about the Grape tree. Grapes are a woody perennial vine and long season crop. The flowers and fruits are grown in Cannes. Yearly pruning is very important, due to health and plant size is shaped. Nowadays, people are beginning to find it in houses and courtyards. It is the highest in the world in the production of fruit. Grapes not only produce fruit but also its vine increases Garden landscape. The vine can last for more than 30 years.
European, American, and Muscadine are 3 common types grapes. American grapes in the sun and warm weather is best. American grapes are the most cold-hardy. European grape trees in the northern part of Europe and America and muscadine grapes usually are found in South America. Flavor, color, and size depending on their individual species. Whether you can bring a year-old plant from the nursery. Buy time to see the plant, it is not infected with any type.
You can grow the grape plant in the container easily, for it requires some care. Below is some information by Nature Bring.
Scientific name Vitis vinifera
Common name Grapevine
Plant type Fruit
Sun Full Sun
Soil Well-drained, Loam sandy soil
Soil pH 6.5 to 8.5
Planting October to January
Temperature 15º C-40º C
How to grow Grapevine
- Grapevine Planting is usually from October to January. Sometimes during the June-July, when the monsoon is late. Monsoon planting prevents diseases.
- To plant grapes in containers large containers (15 gallons) must be. When you buy the plastic container mind it doesn’t choose the dark color, because these containers are much heated in the sun.
- Most grapes varieties are self-fertile. If you are buying grape vine purchased more than one, because it requires pollination.
- Before planting to the Grapevine roots in water for 2 to 3 hours left.
- Choose a place where the sunlight falls fully.
- Space vines 6-10 feet apart.
- Allow the water to the time of planting grapes.
Planting from cutting
If you want to plant it, so you can grow by cutting. The grapes from your friend’s friend asked if you felt you could. Take you directly from the vine cutting section. It’s long enough to harvest at least 3 nodes are. The lower surface of cutting cut an angle (45 degrees) ¼ to 1 inch above the node. Take many cuttings from of different location, at the last remove the surplus plant.
Planting Grapevine from Seed
- Grapes seed you can get from the seed seller or nursery. Before sowing you be sure to check health condition of the seeds. See the color of the seeds, pale gray or white endosperm will be able to see under seed coat. Let the seeds in water lentils, healthy seeds will sink in water.
- Fill small containers with well-drained rich soil. Then the planting of a seed.
- Seeds should be enough to a warm environment. Well, the day temperature for germination 70º F (20º C) and night temperature 60º F (15º C) better around.
- The soil moist, but it should be not wet. And then the water began to spray the surface dry.
- Grapes take 2 to 8 weeks for germination.
- The first harvest to get of the grapevine takes the 1.5-2 years.
- Pruning is important. When the Grapevine is dormant in March-April, then the pruning. It encourages all the buds to swell. But it is in the cold damages.
- Remember, the pruning will be higher, will get more fruit.
- Organic, inorganic and organic fertilizer in the year to twice.
- To maintain uniform moisture around vine, use mulch.
- Use a net over the vine so that the bird does not damage the fruit.
Harvesting Grape tree
Grape tree Harvest season usually begins in February and continues uninterrupted until the end of April.
Pest and Diseases Grape plant
Vine main pests are a flea, beetles, thrips, mealybugs, and leafhoppers. Downy mildew, powdery mildew, and leaf spot and black rot are the main diseases.
Read also: How to grow Broccoli in a container. Pointed gourd cultivation. Growing and care information about Lupins. Grow Plum Tree easily in containers. The perfect Potting Mix recipe. How to grow Vegetable in pots.