Zinnia is a genus of plants of the sunflower tribe within the daisy family. They are native to scrub and dry grassland in an area stretching from the Southwestern United States to South America, with a center of diversity in Mexico. You can easily plant Zenia with a little care in the terrace garden, patio, and containers. you Nature Brings are giving tips here very easy.
Scientific Name Zinnia
Genus Zinnia elegans
Soil Type Sandy, Natural, chalky
Sun Full Sun
Height 18-30 inches
Flowering time Summer
Spacing 6-12 inches apart
Zinnia flowers are colorful and long-lasting flowers. These plants prefer full sun and can grow very easily. Plants grow very quickly and give flowers in large quantities. The gardens are beautiful and colorful flowers attract butterflies.
These are annual plants and great for best-cutting flowers. These flowers bloom on a stem in summer. The head is large, like the daisy. This is easily planted in the containers, the small plants is located in the hanging basket. Some people use it to find the edge of the garden. The beautiful flowers in your garden are popped.
- It is grown for a long time in warmer areas. Use well-prepared soil (Potting mix ) to plant. It’s seeds 1/4 inch of cover with soil. Note for Germinates seeds require light, so after the frost season, you can grow directly in the Garden. Keep the soil moist until the plant should not grow.
- Temperature 70 to 80 degree Fahrenheit is most appropriate for germination. For high-quality germination use always Potting Mix. Don’t use garden soil directly for plants indoors plant otherwise it will make the plant infect.
- These plants do not like transplant, Its seeds directly in the garden, you can grow very easily. The seeds on the soil surface was a little darker and cover by 1/4 inch of soil, sprinkle a little water and cover it with the plastic cover. The seeds must be within 4 to 7 days germinate. Keep the soil moist and remove the cover.
- Overwater should not ever, ever water at the base of the plant.
- When too much irrigation as needed to keep its petals and leaves are dry.
- Watering should be early in the morning because its flowers and leaves are dry before nightfall.
- Always keep in the moist but not wet soil. Keep in mind-matured zinnias required to less water.
- The election of proper water and exact location, Zinnia is very good blooming in summer.
- Plant to remove the dead heads and flowers, plants is growing well.
- Plants are regularly removed deadheads, which he encourages flowering, and the plant seems to draw.
- Use 5-10-5 fertilizer zinnia plants grow strongly in midseason helps.
Insects and Disease
This plant mostly affects fungal diseases, including black spot, rust, and powdery mildew etc. The following precautions can help prevent these diseases.
- Do not throw water over the plant (using drip irrigation system or sprinkler irrigation would be better.)
- For the manipulation of air around the plants must be replaced.
- To prevent infection, use copper spray or sulfur dust.
These are ester family member. It is closely related to Daisy family, Marigold, Cosmos, and Sunflowers.