How to make Matar Paneer | Nature Bring recipe
Written by: Sneha Date: 27/01/2017
If we talk about taste today, then the recipes of paneer are remembered directly. Paneer is also beneficial from the health perspective and also the taste in taste. At this time green peas are full of all around, so why should we try today Matar Paneer at the house? Although it is a popular vegetable of Punjab, today the spicy vegetable is preferred in every corner of India, and it is also easy to make it. In the Matar Paneer, if there is Punjabi tadka, some dry fruits, and butter, so it tastes like a Dhaba. Nature Bring is sharing the easy way to make it.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes
Difficulty level Easy
Ingredients for Matar Paneer
Paneer (Cubed) cottage cheese 250grams
Matar (peas) 01 cup
Tomatoes 2 Medium size
Onion 02 big size chopped
Cashew 8-10 piece
Garlic 7-8 cloves, finely chopped
Ginger 2 inches long, finely chopped
Green chili 03 Chopped
Cumin seeds 01 Tsp
Bay leaves 2-3 leaves
Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
Red chili powder 1tsp
Coriander powder 2 Tsp
Garam masala powder 2 Tsp
Green coriander leaves ¼ cup
Olive Oil 2 tbsp
Salt as needed
Water 01 cup
Method of making Matar Paneer
- First, cut the cottage cheese (paneer) in the pan, then heat the oil in a pan, and roast the pieces of chopped paneer until brown and keep it aside in a pot.
- With the help of mixer grinder, make a paste of green chili, ginger, and onion and keep it aside. Make tomato and cashew nut paste in a separate bowl.
- Peel the peas in a vessel and put it aside, now your whole material has been prepared.
- Now heat the pan again and warm it with the butter as per the above amount, then add cumin seeds, and add bay leaves. After this, add onion, green chili and ginger paste and roasted, until you see the oil on the edge of the pan surface.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala and stir well. Then add tomato paste prepared in it and cook well.
- When the whole spices are well roasted, add Cashew paste to it, add peas and roast it about 1-2 minutes, then add salt according to the taste. Cook it, when the peas are cooked, add one cup of water and mix it well.
- Once the spices are well frying, add pieces of paneer in it. Cook it in a medium flame for about 10 minutes. Now your Matar Paneer is ready. Garnish it with green coriander and serve hot.
- You can serve Matar Paneer with roti, paratha or naan. You can also serve gravy peas with rice.
- You can use frozen peas if do not get green peas in the other season.
- Add green peas in salted hot water for 5-7 minutes, peas will become soft and the taste will also be good.
- After cooking to make creamy as a restaurant, you can also add the cream in the end.