Kaju Curry (Cashew Curry Recipe)
Learn How to make Kaju curry, cashew curry recipes, and much more about cashew curry. If you plan the instructions below, then cashew curry recipe is a simple dish. Cashew curry is delicious Punjabi dish. Some people also know it by the name of Kaju butter masala. In this dish, roasted cashew nuts are slowly cooked in spicy and creamy gravy. You can make this fantastic vegetarian meal at any festival or weekend. Guests can be welcomed or have fun plans for the holidays.
Preparation time 10 minute
Cooking time 25 minute
Total time 35 minutes
Ingredients for Kaju curry
To roast cashew nuts
Kaju (Cashew ) 01 cup
Pure Ghee or oil 01 tbsp
Bay leaf 01
Cinnamon 1.5 inch stick
Dried red chili 02
Star Anise 01
Big Cardamom 01
Black Pepper 0 4
Oil 02 tbsp
Onion Paste 1/2 Cup
Ginger-Garlic Paste 02 tbsp
Tomatoes chopped 01 cup
Ginger chopped 1/2 inch
Cinnamon 01 inch long
Green Chili Chopped 02
Red Chili Powder 01 Tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/2 Tsp
Coriander Powder 01 tbsp
Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
Ground Cashews 04 tbsp
Salt as needed
Sugar 01 Tsp
Pure Ghee 01 Tbsp
Milk or water 1/2 Cup
Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek) 1/2 Tbsp
Fresh cream 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves chopped 01 Tbsp
How to make Kaju curry
- Put a non-stick kadhai on the gas and add 1-teaspoon oil, when the oil becomes hot, add cashew nuts. You can also use a heavy base pan instead of kadhai.
- In medium flame, you roast your cashew nuts for about 5-7 minutes, turn off the gas when light brown. Continue stir while roasting otherwise cashews will burn on one side. Put them apart in a plate.
- Keep the pan in medium flame and heat 2-teaspoon oil, when oil is hot enough add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, dried red chili, star anise, big cardamom, Black pepper seeds and sauté for a minute.
- Now add garlic, ginger paste, and green chilies and sauté for a minute.
- After this, add the paste of onion and stir well. Roasted onions until golden. This can take about 6-7 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and stir well and cover it with lid and cook for 5 minutes. Keep stir in between.
- Now add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and mix well. Add the ground cashew nuts and stir again.
- Allow cooking for 2 minutes. Pour water and stir well and cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add Kasuri methi (Dried Fenugreek leaves), salt as needed, sugar, garam masala powder, and roasted cashew nuts and mix thoroughly. If needed, add more water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add fresh milk cream and shake well.
- After cooking for some time, turn off the gas and add chopped coriander leaves. Now your Kaju curry is ready, you can serve hot with naan, paratha, and rice. Read more.
Read also: How to make Palak Paneer. How to make Mushroom Tikka masala. Malai Kofta recipe restaurant style. Egg curry masala recipe easy steps. Kajukatli recipe at home. Pizza recipe easy steps. Veg spring roll recipe easy to make. Kadai paneer recipe restaurant style.