South Indian Dosa
Dosa is a unique taste of South Indian (South Indian recipe), but it is very much loved today all over India. It is also made of rice and urad dal like idli and is eaten with coconut chutney and sambar. Dosa is an Indian traditional taste, it is very light and rich with nutritious properties, as it is a popular breakfast. Dosha is done in many ways, such as Plain Dosa, Masala Dosa, paneer dosa, Oats Dosa and Bread Dosa. It is a very good breakfast and you can eat for lunch and dinner too. Nature Bring is telling you the easy method to make Dosa.
Preparation time 9hours
Cooking time 30 minutes
Difficulty level Easy
Ingredients for Dosa
Rice, parboiled or idly rice 03 cups
Skinned Urad dal 01 cup
Baking soda 3/4 tsp
Oil for greasing while making dosa
Salt as needed
Water 01 cups
Ingredients for Masala
01 cup = 250 ml
Potatoes, boiled 7-8
peas peeled 01 cup
Onion 02 big size chopped
Green chili 02 Chopped
Ginger 02 inches long, finely chopped
Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 02tsp
Oil 02 tbsp
Asafoetida a pinch
Oil 02 tbsp
Green coriander leaves 1/4 cup
Salt as needed
Preparation for recipe
- To make masala dosa first, take rice and urad dal (lentils) in separate utensils (pot) and soak it for overnight. Separate the water of urad dal (lentils) in the morning and grind fine with the help of mixer grinder. Similarly, by separating the water of the rice rough grind it. Now mix these two together well.
- Then add baking soda according to the above-mentioned amount and salt to taste. Keep this mixture in a room with hot temperature for 9-10 hours. It is necessary for the fermentation in the mixture, you will see that the mixture becomes twice as fast as before. Now your mix is ready to make dosa.
Method of masala (Potato stuffing)
- Now peel the boiled potatoes and mash them, and put aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, when the oil becomes hot, add chopped onions and fry onions, add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, asafoetida, and salt. Now add chopped green chili and ginger in it and fry about 1-2 minutes.
- Then add peeled peas and little water, then cover lid and cook until peas are soft. Now put mash potatoes in it and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add chopped coriander in it and take it out of the gas and put it in a pot.
Method of Dosa
- Now put the nonstick flat pan on the gas and keep it warm, medium the flame.
- Now wipe the tawa with the help of a cotton cloth.
- Then add one spoon of oil to the pan and spread it on the pan with the help of the wet cloth.
- Now spread the dosa mixture in the pan with the help of a big spoon, now spread it thin in the sphere from the surface of a small bowl. Take a little oil and spread it lightly on the edge of the dosa, and high the flame. Cook until then when he starts looking brown down.
- When it is slightly brown, keep the potato stuffing in between and lifts the dosa with the help of a flat spoon from both sides and serve it on the plate.
- Likewise, you can make dosa as much as you want. Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
Read our web site for sambar.
Coconut Sauce (chutney)
Ingredients for chutney
Raw coconut 100grams
Curry leaf 1Tsp chopped
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Curd 1/2 cup
Salt As needed
Oil 1 Tbsp
Coconut chutney recipe
- To make coconut sauce, take raw coconut 100grams, green coriander, green chili, curd 1/2 cup and salt according to taste.
- Grind raw coconut, green coriander, green chili, salt, curd and 1/2 cups water in a mixer jar and grind them all in a fine. Take the chutney in the pot and mix the water according to the thickness of it.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan, when the oil becomes hot, then add 1/2 Tsp mustard seed in it, when the mustard seeds begin to crack, turn off the gas by adding a curry leaf. Then put the prepared chutney in the pot. Coconut chutney is ready, eat it with dosa, sambar vada or idli.
You have to look for South Indian recipes try.