Morning Glories easy growing tips: Nature Bring
Written by: Sarita Parashar Date: 02.04.2017
About Morning glories:
These are annual flowering vines, which grow very fast. These are same sweet Potato’s botanical family, but they do not produce tubers. Morning Glorious is the annual climber, its stems are thin, its flowers The flowers of Morning Glorious are shaped like a trumpet, which bloom in red, blue, pink, white and magenta colors. In warmer areas, people put it in arch or pergola, or to cover the ground. Its flowers slightly fragrance, butterflies and hummingbirds are attracted to these flowers. These creepers are sticking to trees . Its heart shaped leaves are bright green. Its buds are hard and unfolded in the morning, which blooms when found on the sunshine. Morning Glorious Vines length are 5 to 15 feet , and this self-seed can also be easily done. Its blooming begins early Summer to the first frost. You can grow this plant anywhere in your terrace garden, patio or outdoor garden. Here are some easy ways to plant the Morning Glory by nature bring.
*Note that its seeds are more poisonous, if incorporated.
Scientific name Ipomoea purpurea
Common name Morning Glories
Plant type Flowering plant
Sun required Full Sun
Soil Sandy, Loamy, Any
Soil PH 6.0-6.8
Flower color Blue, white, Red, Purple, Pink
Blooming Time Early Summer/ Fall
Easy growing tips:
- Morning glories is the best in well drained and moderately fertile soil. You can grow anywhere these plants, but for this, neutral soil of pH 6.0 to 6.8 is better. Organic rich soil is not required for this.
- These annual wines prefer full sun, so when selecting it, choose a location where the sunlight is coming directly. A place where there is protection from cold.
- 4 to 6 weeks before the last frost you can start its seeds inside the house, but sowing directly on the ground results in good. When the soil gets warm up to 60 degrees F, then it is able to work.
- Morning glories seeds are very harsh. So soak it in water for 12 hours before planting.
- You will see in the morning that these seeds are ready for germination. these seeds sow at the depth of 1/4 inch from distance of few inches. If you are sowing in the row, then the distance of 6 inches is enough. To maintain moisture, water the seeds well.
- The care of Morning Glories is quite easy. Initially, this plant needs to pay a little attention.
- Moist soil is best for this plant , but soil should not be wet. Give water it one or two times a week during dry periods. If you grow in container you given them extra water, especially in warmer areas.
- Maintain the mulch and control on weeds.
- These plants automatically grow again by the seed, to take care of it, as soon as the flower fades, separate it immediately. Remove his dead wines before falling deep frost.
- Immediately after planting, use Balance Fertilizer once a month. Give this low nitrogen fertilizer every 4 to 5 weeks, as needed.
- Use a lattice for the support of the climber, or put it on the edge of the wall or fence.
Growing in container:
- Keep in mind, do not plan any large fences or lattice, otherwise these plants spread out freely.
- The same method applies for the morning glories in a container as the other vines. But keep in mind that light weight containers will be suitable for this, it is easy to move around.
- Fill the container with potting mix to apply this plant. Before filling the well drained soil, make the surface of a piece of gravel or clay pot in the surface of the container, which should not blocked the drainage hole.
- Morning Glories likes to Sun, so keep the container in such a place where the sun light arrives. You can also plant this plant in hanging garden.
- After applying the seeds in the container, watering it well, but not over-watering. Morning glories develops well in dry soil. Adding mulch to keep moisture in the vines.
Pests and diseases:
Morning Glories has very few bugs. Yes, in wet weather, it has to face many fungal problems, such as problems with leaf spots, stem rot, thread blight and white blister. Some big animals such as deer, rabbits, etc. can damage it, because they love green leaves. You can use the lattice to get rid of these problems. Using chemical pest repellents and fungicides, you can get rid of fungus.
‘Heavenly Blue’ is the most popular Morning Glory, which flowers are rich blue colors and throat is white.It goes up to a height of about 12 feet. ‘Scarlett O’Hara’ is another species, its flowers are of red color. This vine goes up to a height of 15 feet.