Malai Kofta- gravy masala
Malai Kofta is popular paneer dishes to make on special occasions & festivals. It is popular not only in India but in the whole world. If you are a vegetarian and have special occasions, then Malai Kofta is a good choice.
There are all the junkies of Indian flavor all over the world. In this episode, Nature Bring is telling you the easy way to make Malai Kofta today. This is a Very good combination with Jeera Rice or Naan (Tandoor bread). There are koftas made from paneer (cottage cheese ), which are cooked with gravy. You can easily make it at home like a hotel.
Preparation time- 25 minutes
Cooking time – 60 minutes
Difficulty level – Easy
Ingredients for Koftas
Paneer (Cubed) cottage cheese 01 cup
Boiled potatoes 02 cups (Peeled)
Mixed vegetables 01 cup
Carrots, beans, sweet corn, peas
Cream (Thickened) 02 tbsp
Oil 03 tbsp or as you required
Walnuts, cashew, and almonds 01 cup
Raisin 03 Tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder 01tsp
Cumin seeds powder 01 Tsp
Salt as needed
Ingredients for Gravy
Oil (Vegetable) 03 Tbsp or as you required
Onion 02 medium size (quartered)
Tomatoes 03 medium sizes (quartered)
Ginger 2 inches long
Garlic 7-8 clove
Coriander powder 2 Tsp
Cumin seeds powder 1 Tsp
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala Powder 1-Tsp
Poppy seeds (Khus – khus) 1 Tsp
Lightly roasted and grind it
Walnuts, cashew, and almonds 03 tbsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Oil (Vegetable) 03 tbsp or as you required
Bay leaves 03 Nos
Large cardamom o2 Nos
Salt as needed
Coriander Leaves 01 tbsp
How To Make Kofta recipe
- To make koftas, add cheese according to the above-mentioned quantity and grab it, you can mash with your hand if you want.
- Mix the boiled potatoes in this mixture, according to the above-mentioned amount of cream, mixed vegetables, and salt according to the taste mix well. The mixture should be so that the potato does not remain in it, the whole mixture becomes like a dough.
- Round this mixture with the help of hand palms, add a mixture of walnuts and raisin inside centers each ball, and give the perfect round shape. Heat vegetable oil in a pan
- add Kofta to it and fry it. When one side turns a golden color, then turn it over and fry it. Likewise, put all koftas in a separate vessel. Keep the flame moderate during the frying, otherwise, the koftas will remain raw from inside.
- Place the fried koftas over the paper napkin, leaving extra oil. Keep all the koftas aside. Take your koftas ready. Read more.
Gravy recipe for Malai Kofta
- Make a paste of ginger and garlic and keep it aside.
- To make the gravy, heat it with oil in a deep pan according to the volume written above. Then add the chopped onion and roast it until brown. Then add Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, and Red Chili Powder into it and stir well. Roast it till as long as the oil on the edge of the spice started not visible.
- Roast this mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the poppy seeds powder and nut paste in it and roast it well. Add a cup of hot water to this mixture.
- If the mixture looks too thick then add more water to it, do not mix too much water or else the gravy will remain thin later.
- Mix the salt in the gravy as needed, reduce the flame and let the gravy boil.
Mughlai gravy for Malai Kofta
Preparing gravy ingredients
- To make Mughlai gravy boil tomato in a pot with a cooker, take a whistle in high flame. Then let it cool down when the steam inside the cooker drains out.
- Now you will see that the peel of tomatoes starts to remove when the finger is turned.
*Keep in mind that the tomatoes are very hot this time, you should put a plate together and peel off the stirrup or leave it for 5 minutes.
- Leave the tomatoes aside for 3 minutes, so that its temperature equals room temperature. After 3 minutes, make a paste with the help of grinder and put it in a separate vessel.
- Make a paste, together with cashews, almonds, walnuts. Now add some water and add 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds and make a paste. Put it in a separate vessel.
Preparing Mughlai gravy
- To make Mughlai gravy you can use the same pan in which you were under the koftas. You can also use the new pan if you wish.
- Put three tablespoons of oil in the pan. Sharpen the flame of the gas and let it heat for 1 minute. After this, moderate the flame through the stove. Break the bay leaves and large cardamom and add to it. Roasted until they are golden brown.
- Now add Ginger Garlic Paste and Green Chilies. Roast it well
- Now add the onion paste and roast till it becomes brown. It will take approximately 5 to 7 minutes. After the onion is brown, add tomato paste in it and continue till it becomes visible oil on the edge. It takes about 5 minutes.
- When the oil appears on the sides, add cashew nuts and popped seed paste.
- Add one cup of milk to this mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add cream to it, and let it cook for 2 minutes in the medium flame.
When the arrival of a boil, the Mughlai gravy is ready, put a prepared kofta in it and do a hotly serve.