Chana Dal Namkeen Recipe
Learn How to make chana dal namkeen, Chana Dal Namkeen Recipe, Crunchy Gram Snack. This crunchy delicious snack is easily made at home. Chana dal crisp and spicy namkeen is extremely popular in India. People like to eat this crunchy and spicy chana dal namkeen (gram snack) with tea as breakfast or during free time, film or travel.
Chana dal namkeen is a perfect snack for your guests at festivals like Diwali and Holi.
I am sharing an easy recipe for my readers. Buying namkeens from the market is expensive and unsafe, especially during the festive season, do not buy it at all. However, many good snacks are also available in the market but are very expensive.
Preparation time 8 hours
Cooking time 20 minutes
Serve 8-10 members
Difficulty level Easy
Cuisine Indian snacks
Ingredients to make Chana Dal Namkeen
Chana dal 500 grams
Turmeric powder 01 tsp
Red chili powder 01 tsp
Amchoor powder 1/2 tsp
Black salt 1/2tsp
Baking Soda 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
How to make Chana Dal Namkeen (Crunchy Gram Snack)
- Wash the chana dal (gram lentil) well according to the quantity mentioned above. Now pour it in lukewarm water, add baking soda and milk to it and cover it with a lid, and soak it overnight.
- Before making snacks in the morning, pour the entire chana dal (gram lentil) in the sieve so that its excess water is removed.
- Now spread a cotton cloth and spread the lentils over it. When all the water of the lentils gets drained well, keep it in a bowl.
- Place pan on gas and heat oil. When the oil is well heated, add one teaspoon of soaked lentils and fry, after frying, watch a couple of grains burst, if the grains are crisp, they will break immediately, otherwise let the oil get hot.
- If everything is right then fried soaked chana dal. Keep stirring the lentils with a ladle, the foam will form in the oil and the lentils will float on the surface.
- Now take it out from the skimmer and spread it in a paper napkin, which removes excess oil.
- Now add turmeric powder, chili powder, salt, and black salt as per the above-mentioned quantity and mix it well.
- Add amchur powder, garam masala and chaat masala to it. If you like more spicy then add black pepper powder and mix well.
- Take your chana dal namkeen is ready, serve your guests with any dessert or tea.
- Some people also add curry leaves in the chana dal recipe, if you like, you can add lentils.
- Do not keep the flame low while frying the gram lentils (Chana dal), otherwise, the namkeen will not crispy.
- Fry the gram lentils after they drain well, otherwise the namkeen will not become crispy.
Add baking soda while soaking the lentils or else the namkeen will become tough.
Read also: How to make Dahi Vada easy steps. Palak Paneer recipe easy method. Idli recipe in a pressure cooker. Malai kofta recipe easy steps. Pineapple cake for children. How to make Daal Makhani recipe. Spring roll recipe easy steps. Mushroom tikka masala recipe at home. Spicy Momos recipe easy steps. Veg Manchurian recipe step by step. Hot and Spicy Schezwan chutney. Kaju curry easy to make at home.