Dahi vada is very fun in taste, it is a simple recipe. This popular North Indian street food, which is made from Dhuli Urad and moong Dal, Vada is served with fresh curd and some licking spices are added from the top. Often making this vada at home is never soft, but by our method, Dahi vada will also become tasty and also soft. Know How to make Dahi vada, Dahi vada recipe, and more about this recipe. Read also.
Preparation time 30 minute
Cooking time 20 minutes
Difficulty level Easy
Ingredients for Dahi vada
(1 cup = 250 grams)
Urad dal 500 grams
Moong dal 500 grams
Green chili 02 (Chopped)
Ginger 1 inch (Chopped)
Red chili powder 1/2 tsp
Salt According to taste
Roasted cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper (peppercorn) 1/2 tsp
Tamarind sour-sweet chutney 02tbsp
Yogurt 2 cups (well beat up)
Baking Soda 01 pinch
Black salt 1/2 tsp
Refined Oil 01 cup
Chhat masala 01tsp
Fresh Coriander leaves 02 tbsp
Green chili 02 chopped
Onion 01 chopped
How to make Dahi vada
- Wash urad dal and moong dal well, and soak it for 6 to 7 hours in a separate bowl.
- Now if the pulse has peeled then get off, after getting wet, it will be easily peeled.
- After removing excess water, grind them both with the help of a mixer, the use of the sil-batta is much better. Keep the paste thick, vada will easily be made.
- Well, beat up the pulses properly for light and fluffy. Mix chopped green chilies, ginger, baking soda and salt in it and then Beat it well again and keep it separately.
- To see your batter is ready or not, gradually drop it into the glass filled with water. If the batter drop appears floating on top, then your mixture is ready for vada.
- Now heat oil in a deep frying pan, and apply refined oil to your pan, and grease light oil in your palm, take a little slurry and make it round and lightly press on top.
- Put these Vada in a frying pan and fry them on low flame until golden brown. Turn the vada and fry on the other side.
- Fill the Lukewarm water in a bowl and put fried vada and let it soak for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then remove these vada and press gently between your palms so that additional water is released. Keep them aside.
- Remove the remaining vada from the water and lightly press and keep it aside.
- Mix yogurt into a large bowl, mix it well, there is no lump in it. Now add sugar, black salt, salt in the curd and well mix. Roast cumin seeds lightly in a pan and makes powder.
- Put yogurt over your vada, then sprinkle tamarind sauce, green chutney, and red chili powder. Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves and onion then serve. If you put it in the fridge for 1/2 hours, then you can enjoy the cold Dahi Vada. Read more.
- If you add one spoon of sugar to the curd then the taste will increase.
- Keep the quantity of urad and moong dal equally, your Dahi vada will become tasty.
- When making the Vada, add baking soda to the batter, Dahi vada will become crisper.
- Put a big spoonful of fine flour in the batter of Vada, it will make your vada white.
Read also: How to make Idli recipe in pressure. How to make Vada pav recipe. Pineapple cake for children. 10 ways to use Baking Soda. Chicken curry recipe at home. Masala Dosa recipe. Mushroom tikka masala recipe at home. Palak Paneer recipe Dhaba style. Egg curry recipe easy steps by nature bring. Malai kofta recipe easy steps. Kaju curry easy to make at home. Control Black spot on your Roses leaves.