Learn How to make Sabudana Khichdi, Sabudana khichdi Recipe and more about this recipe. Navratri, Shivratri or any others festive season, sago (Sabudana ) is most commonly used. Sabudana has a high amount of starch, you do not feel hungry for long periods, people like healthy and delicious Sabudana Khichdi. Before making sabudana khichdi, it has to be soaked in water for a few hours. After a few hours, its extra water is removed and some things and spices are added to temperate. Learn more.
Preparation time 05 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Difficulty level Easy
Ingredients for Sabudana Khichdi
(1 cup = 250 grams)
Sago (Sabudana) 01 cup
Peanut 1/2 cup (grated)
Pure Ghee 02 tablespoon
Cumin 01 tsp
Red chilly 3-4 total
Curry leaf 10-15 leaves
Rock salt 02 tsp
Chili powder 01 tsp
Green chilies 2-3 (chopped)
Potatoes 01 Chopped
Lemon juice 01 tablespoon
Curd 250 grams
Fresh green coriander for garnishing
How to make Sabudana Khichdi
- Wash Sabudana well in water and soak for about two hours, otherwise, Sabadhana will not work while making khichdi. Keep in mind that the quantity of water is high and about 2-3 cm above the surface of the sago, then you can filter additional water in the sieve.
- Now, peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Then roast the peanuts lightly and leave for 2 minutes then rubbing with hand, the peel will easily fall off. Now grind peanut in the grinder and put all these things aside.
- Heat the deep-bottomed pan in the medium flame, then add 2 spoons pure ghee to it. When the ghee becomes hot, add cumin seeds, chopped green chilies, and curry leaves. When cumin seeds are cracking, add chopped slices of potato and sauté for a few seconds.
- Potatoes are well cooked and appear to be light brown then add sago and peanuts powder to it. Mix all the ingredients well Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Finally sprinkle a little water over the sago, so that the sago is not sticky and tarted, add a pinch rock salt in it and mix well and cook a bit by closing the lid. Close the flame and garnish with lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot- hot Sabudana khichdi, with curd. Learn more.
See also: How to make Sabudana vada. Chicken masala recipe. How to make Chili paneer at home. Kajukatli recipe easy to make at home. Shahi Paneer recipe easy to make. Spicy Momos recipe easy steps. Growing Black Pepper at home. Paneer Butter Masala recipe. Pineapple cake favorite flavor for kids. Growing Potato in containers.