Apple tree (Malus Domestica)
Apple tree seems a little strange to listen to grow in the container, but it is a dwarf species comes, you can grow easily. Whether the apple tree in the terrace garden or patio can appeal. Yes, it’s a little care and a suitable environment is essential. Nature Bring to be telling you how Apple will plant containers. Learn Growing Apple tree, How to grow Apple tree in a container, Apple tree care, Pests and diseases Apple tree, and more about the Malus Domestica tree in this article.
Given the lack of space at present, container gardening is very important. It is a good option for small houses. The fruit plants in the container look ornamental and attractive, this gives you a new dimension to your terrace garden and patio. However, there are advantages as well as disadvantages of fruit plants in containers.
1. Plants in the container need regular watering and proper care.
2. you can move when during the bad weather in winter in the yard or in spring frost you can shift it in a safe area in the house.
Botanical Name Malus Domestica
Plant type Fruit tree
Sun required Full Sun
Soil pH Natural
Bloom time Summer
- If you want to grow an apple tree in a container, you must have a dwarf or semi-dwarf grafted nursery plant.
- First, choose which species you want to grow, then you choose a rootstock to be developed. This is necessary for some fruit plants.
- Rootstock helps control cultivar vigor, and it is more suitable for a container.
- If you see the level Rootstock written on it with the name of the cultivar, such as Apple’s ‘Discovery’ M9
This is the best option
Apple: M9, M26 (M27 is too dwarfing )
Growing Apple tree
- Keep this in mind as they were in the open position of the sun in any container that promotes plant growth.
- To avoid the afternoon sun in the summer the container moves in the place that is shaded.
- Regular watering is necessary, but keep in mind that when the compost surface dries completely re-Water.
- When a report every alternate year since the plant dropped its leaves, its roots while doing a report pruning and change the surface of the compost.
How to grow Apple tree in a container
- Generally, the fruits are more suitable for planting in larger containers; the apple tree also grows well in 18 to 20-inch containers. Plastic containers are more suitable than terracotta containers, these pots are heavy and there is a risk of breaking.
- Malus Domestica fruit plants grow well in containers and can be planted in any season. But it is also better to plant for the spring season, this season helps to increase the roots of the plant and establish the plant.
- Put the plant you are putting in the pot under pebbles or broken pieces of the pot that drain out of the water. Ornamental mulch over the soil to retain moisture.
- After the tree has reached its final size it is also worth replenishing a proportion of the soil every 3-5 years. Some authorities suggest root-pruning at this time as well, in other words pruning the roots back by about a quarter, which will encourage the tree to continue growing whilst preventing it from getting too big.
- During the growing season, the nutrient that helps, but its nutrients in a year are almost over. This does not mean you cannot use organic manure or compost, they are using the healthy plant.
- The third volume of a good quality compost mix in perlite. Include fortnightly liquid potassium.
* Spring season planting in the central and northern regions is considered the best. Where the weather is generally mild and humid in the fall and winter, it is best to fall planting.
Apple tree care
Apples deep, fertile and well-draining soil, preferring the sandy loam soils prefer. The moderately rich soil is suited to the apple tree and retain Moisture is needed. Some other organic materials and nutrients maintain soil moisture, but they are used to decompose. Whether you can use ordinary soil and the compost mixture. Complete mixing of the manure so it dries quickly. In containers ready for planting apple trees Potting Mix slightly acidic and neutral pH (6 to 6.8) use.
Almost all plants require regular watering engaged in a container, so the apple tree requires regular watering. During the formation of flower buds generally more water through and other times moderately and require less water in winter. Deepwater promotes the growth of plants, but avoid overwatering can cause damage to the plant, root rot is a victim of it. Overwatering the development of powdery mildew is likely to persist. Read more.
Every 2 weeks during the growing season water Soluble fertilizer to apple plant. When the tree becomes old fruit fertilizer use. The compost must read the directions before using packets. Reduce the feeding during the winter to late fall.
Growing this tree requires cool winter and moderate summer temperatures. Where the temperature is too warm a bit and has not developed the Malus Domestica Apple Tree. The tree will tolerate extremely low temperatures and become dormant.
The best time to pruning when trees are dormant. Apple’s plants are dormant in late winter or the beginning of spring. Such branches went immediately to discard the dead. Pruning helps to provide stability to the plant quickly.
Pests and diseases Malus Domestica
- The Malus Domestica is affected by pests, but here are a few tips, which you can avoid problems.
- Growing trees in containers require extra care in the summer. Regular watering, prevent the fruits from dropping and stop along with the browning of leaves edges.
- Japanese beetles attack apples but it is terminated by the spray. The apple maggot is the most harmful for apples.
- There are some common problems that can be well away from the monitor. These are the main apple canker, apple scab, bacterial canker, brown rot, peach leaf curl, and silver leaf.
Read also: How to grow Pansy flowers in containers. Spring Onion growing and caring tips. How to grow potatoes in containers Growing Guava tree in containers. Growing Popular Indian Gooseberry in containers. Peachtreegrowing in containers. SapodillaGrowing and caring tips. Fig tree growing and caring tips. Liatris flowers care tips. Keep your plants healthy. Star fruits Growing and caring tips. Graft fruits tree and plants.