Jasmine ( Jasminum)
An easy to understand How to grow jasmine plant, Propagation jasmine, Growing jasmine indoor, Jasmine plant care, Pests, and disease jasmine and more about jasmine in this article. The jasmine is an evergreen flower bush plant. The plant is native to warm temperate and tropical regions Eurasia, Australia and Oceania with about 200 species. Its flowers are in white and yellow clusters and are available in the form of bush and climbers. Its flowers are 4-9 petals based on different varieties. The plant is native from warm temperate and tropical regions Eurasia, Australia and Oceania land of is native, with about 200 species.
Jasmine is a popular flowering plant, it is grown for a unique aroma in the summer season. If you are looking for such a fragrance plant, jasmine is the best choice. The jasmine plant is grown for aromatic flowers and ornamental purposes during their growing season. It is commercially used to make many beauty products, powder, soap, oil, face cream, body lotions, aromatic spray cosmetic, and pharma industries.
This plant is found in both the bush and the vine. Shrubbery plants are better for landscape design, its vine is used as fencing or trellis. Many species are very aromatic. Flowers come in March and April and the whole summer blooms. The most popular is Jasminum polyanthum, which is known as Chinese star jasmine or Plain.
Jasminum helps you sleep better
This exotic plant a gentle and soothing affects the body and mind. The study shows that the lower the level of anxiety and awakens the desire to sleep. This not only increases the tendency to sleep also affects your productivity. The plant has a fragrant flower, smelling the flowers just gave a lot of people are fascinated medicines are prepared, headaches, dizziness, colds do work formerly done, etc.
Scientific name Jasminum
Common name Jasmine
Plant type Flower
Sun requires Full sun/ part sun
Flower color white, yellow
Flowering time Summer
Soil Moist, well-drained
How to grow jasmine plant
Spring or fall is best to plant it, you can plant plants in the summer, but you have to try more to set it up.
The well-drained, loamy and fertile soil is better for it. Semi-hardwood harvesting is best for propagation.
This plant likes the full sun, but it is necessary to preserve it from the complete Sun in other places with very hot or heat. Especially when the sun’s radiation is faster in the afternoon. Read also.
Growing jasmine from cutting
- Plant cutting expansion and practical approach are quite meaningful.
- Take the 3-inch-long cutting new side shoots. cuttings place it in the prepared Potting Mix, Moist compost, and sand. Combine these things will get rid of the rot problem.
- You can plant together several cuttings, mind it cuttings to stay away from each other and covered by a plastic sheet (polyethylene).
- These cuttings to flourish requires bright light and warm temperature (direct sunlight is not important.) so does not require water until rooting came out.
- About 4 weeks after you remove the plastic cover. The cuttings will also remove the roots, after a while you can separate out these cuttings.
Jasmine plant care
- Plant, you keep in the house or outdoors, it is best to grow to direct sunlight. So if you put it on the south window is most appropriate. For indoor jasmine at least 6 hours direct sunlight important.
- The moist and well-drained soil is best for jasmine; it’s mean soils do not wet. Avoid overwatering.
- In the period of growing other plants require food, the same it is necessary. It does not require special feeders. But for all-round development of the plant, from late spring until late autumn publication twice a week to use liquid fertilizer.
- The temperature is the most important of the Jasmine plant. During the growing season, so it is better for the environment temperature is hot, and is warm, it grows and it is easy to survive.
- Keep the soil moist during the summer; less water in the fall. Keep the plant slightly dry in winter and spring season.
- Pruning after spring season (blooming) to give shape.
Pests and disease jasmine
Many Keats jasmine crop damage. Particularly valuable budworm, and leaf Baber. Mealybugs also attack. New Keats mite in the summer and dry weather are upset. Budworm is the most dangerous. Iron deficiency mainly in the roots rot, yellowing of leaves, nematode infection. Etc.
Read also: Pointed gourd cultivation. Best flowers for Bees and Butterfly garden. How to Grow Garden Phlox. How to Grow Tomatoes in containers. Growing Lavender in containers. Growing Marigold plant in containers. Kaffir lily growing and caring guide. How to grow Zinnia plant. Gazania growing and caring guide. Growing coriander in your Kitchen-garden. Anthurium Growing guide. 09 unique flowers for your amateur garden. Polka dot plant growing condition. Begonia growing and caring guide. Polka dot plant growing and care tips. Kamini Growing and care guide.