Chana Chole masala Recipe
Learn How to make Punjabi Chole Masala, Punjabi Chana Chole Recipe (Chana Masala) in this article. Chole is a popular and famous Punjab dish. In this, boiled chickpea (Kabuli chana)or white chickpea is cooked in a spicy gravy. To make the gravy strong, tomato full and boiled potatoes are also found. You can serve it with Bhature or puri or rice. Boiled chickpea is made by mixing onion, with tomatoes gravy. When a festival or guest arrives you can welcome it by making dinner or lunch. The Punjabi Chana Chole recipe is easy to make and the things used in it are available at your home.
Preparation time 12 hours
Cooking time 45 minutes
Difficulty level Medium
Cuisine Punjabi, Indian
Ingredients for making Chana Chole Masala
(1 cup = 250 grams)
Chole (white or chickpea gram) 01 cups
Oil 03 tablespoons
water As required
Cumin seeds 02 teaspoons
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder 01 tablespoon
Red chili powder 02 teaspoon
Onion 01 large size (chopped)
Garlic cloves 6-8
Ginger 02 inches
Tomato 02 Large Size
Green Coriander leaves 02 Tablespoons (Finely Chopped)
Salt according to taste
Dried spices needed for chickpeas
Bay leaves 1-2 leaf
Fennel 1/2 teaspoon
Amchoor (Dried mango powder) 1/2 Tablespoon
Cinnamon 01 inch stick
Black pepper 6-8 grains
Big cardamom 02
How to make chana chole masala
- According to the volume mentioned above, soak the chickpeas in enough water overnight.
- If you soak the gram overnight, it gets cooked fast. And when there is less exposure to hot water, its nutrients are not destroyed. However, there are some ways that you can use them even after soaking. Read also.
- Wash off the chickpea gram well and remove excess water. Boil it in a cooker and boil it to 3-4 whistles.
- To make Chana darker and tasty, make 1 tsp tea Bundle in a white cloth and put it in the cooker. Instead, you can also use tea bags. After boiling the chickpea, separate the bundle after the boil.
- When chickpea is cooked, keep it aside in a bowl.
- As long as you boil gram, you prepare garlic, ginger paste. Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chili in the mixer and make a paste, put them in a separate bowl. Similarly, prepare the tomatoes puree with a mixer grinder and put them in a separate bowl.
- Heat a pan on gas and roast all the whole spices for approximately 1 minute and cool down in a plate. After cooling, make a fine powder with the grinder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai or deep-fried pan, add chopped and when it starts looking light brown Then mix garlic ginger and green chili paste and roast for about 1 minute.
- Now put the spices powder in it and roast for about 1 minute. After a little fry put tomato puree, add salt as you needed and mix well.
- Keep stirring it when oil on the edges starts to appear, then add turmeric, red chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Now put the soaked chickpeas and stir it well. If you like thicker gravy then mix boiled potatoes. Mix salt as needed.
- Add 2-2.5 cups of water in it and cook in medium flame for about 20-25 minutes. Take down the cooker and turn off the gas.
- Check if the chickpeas are cooked or not after cooling. If not cooked, take 1-2 whistles. If you like a little sour, then after cooking it, add some amchoor powder or lemon juice.
- Now your chole is ready, pour it into a big bowl and garnish with green coriander and serve hot.
- You can eat chickpeas with Bhatoore, Roti, Naan, or rice. Read also.
- Soak the chickpeas in water for a whole night or at least 8 hours, you will take less time to make it.
- I have used freshly grounded spices, you can also use prepared chickpeas spices as well.
- If you like a little sour, then after cooking it, use a little amchoor powder or lemon juice.
- Tea is used for dark brown color chickpeas. You can also make chana chole without it.
Read also: chicken curry recipe easy steps. Matar Paneer recipe Dhaba style. Mushroom tikka masala recipe at home. Masala Dosa recipe. Pineapple cake for children. Kaju katli recipe restaurant style. How to make Punjabi kadhi Pakora. How to make Dahi Vada. Pav Bhaji recipe at home. Delicious Kaju curry recipe easy steps. Vada pav recipe. Palak Paneer recipe Dhaba style. Egg curry easy to make at home Dhaba style. Suji’s Uttapam recipe.