Litti Chokha recipe
Let’s learn how to make Litti Chokha, a traditional dish of Bihar, about Litti Chokha recipe and suggestions related to this recipe. Litti Chokha is a famous traditional dish of Bihar, it is a delicious dish prepared for lunch and dinner. Eating and preparing on holiday will be very nice. The stuffed inside it is made from sattu and eaten with brinjal chokha (Bharata). Litti looks exactly like Baati, but it is different from Rajasthani Baati. There is a difference in the pithe to be filled inside it. Children like it on holiday or picnic.
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 01 hour
Serve 05 members
Difficulty level Medium
Cuisine North Indian
Ingredients for Litti dough
Wheat flour 400 grams
Pure Ghee or oil 01tbsp
Eating Soda a pinch
Salt as needed
Ingredients for stuffing
Sattu 200 grams
Onion 100grams(Finely chopped)
Ginger 01 inch long piece (Finely chopped)
Green Chili 2-4 (Finely chopped)
Green Coriander leaves 02tbsp (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds 01 tsp
Mustard Oil 02 tsp
Pickle masala 02tsp
Black salt 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Lemon Juice 01 tsp (Optional)
Ingredients for Brinjal Chokha
Chokha (Baigan Bhurta) is made in many ways but to make the traditional, it is roasted in Kanda and fried by adding tomatoes, ginger and green chilies, later adding green coriander and salt.
Round brinjals (Eggplant) 400 grams
Tomatoes 200 grams (chopped)
Green chili 3-4 (finely chopped)
Ginger 02 inch long (finely chopped)
Garlic 4-5 cloves (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves 02 tbsp (finely chopped)
Oil 02 tbsp
Salt as needed
How to make Litti Chokha
Make dough for litti
Sieve the wheat flour into a large vessel, then add 1 tablespoon of ghee, a pinch of soda and salt to it, mix it well and make a soft dough with the help of water. keep it in a pot and cover it with a cloth.
Make stuffing for litti
Take out the sattu in a big pot, add chopped ginger, onion, finely chopped green chilies, and green coriander. Now add lemon juice, salt, cumin, ajwain, black salt, mustard oil, and pickle spice to the sattu and mix well. If the stuffing looks too dry then sprinkle light water. Wet the filling so that you can make it ladoos.
How to make Chokha (Baigan Bharata)
- Wash the round brinjal and tomato thoroughly and fry it in an oven or gas. Cool it, if the time is short then add water and cool it. Take out the brinjal and tomato peel, and mash it well by putting it in a big bowl. You can also use the mixer to mash.
- Now heat the oil in a pan, when the oil is hot, add the mashed brinjal, tomatoes and mix well. Now add Green Chili, Ginger, Garlic, and Salt and mix well. Add Coriander leaves to it your Chokha (baigan bharta) is ready.
- If you like onions, you can add finely chopped onion in baigan bharta.
- Some people like aaloo chokaha, its recipe is like baigan bharta, just use mash potato instead of brinjal.
How to make Litti
Make a ball from the dough; spread it in a round shape on your palm. Make a bowl-like deep in the center, put the prepared mixture of sattu in it and lift the dough from all four sides and close it by mixing it in the middle. Similarly, make litti with all the dough. Now you heat the oven, when roasting on one side, turn it over. Some people even fry it by adding oil in the pan.
However, Litti is traditionally roasted on the top.
- To prepare the baigan chokha (Bharta), we have fried it in oil after preparing all the ingredients, you can also prepare the chokha by mixing all the raw ingredients.
- Litti is traditionally roasted on the top of Gobar Kanda.
Read also: Chicken curry recipe easy steps. Chicken masala easy recipe at home. Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe easy steps. Shahi Paneer recipe Dhaba style. Egg curry easy to make at home Dhaba style. Palak Paneer recipe easy method. Matar Paneer recipe Dhaba style. How to make Dahi Vada easy steps. Pizza recipe easy steps. Vada pav recipe step by step. Mango pickle easy recipe. Vegetable Poha cutlets recipe. Vegetable Biryani Dhaba style.